• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opportunity to buy!

Remove the plastic grilles under the hood, in front of the windshield.
Towards the outer edges, you will find "volcano-like" structures, used to let in fresh air to the vents, and shaped to allow water to flow around them.
Feel carefully, as far around as you can get with your hand.
Some contorting may be necessary.
Same poor design as my Mustang. A real issue for cars stored outside. Leaves and debris would accumulate and rust it away in there. Since this car was garaged it’s whole life I’m hoping for the best there.

My 73 was stored under a car port in super rainy FL but that saved it.

Don't wait until it's for sale! If you have a business card give her the card. You could make a 3x5 card like a business card so it stands out. It might be more visible more often. That rating has good info, I'd rate the car a 3. add a 2 or a 3 after decimal point.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Not knowing the details or any more detailed photos etc.

Being garaged it's whole life a serious plus in the north
& only 30k miles
I'd guess, (?) $15k if light noticeable surface rust here or there
in some of the spots noted prior
& as much as $20k - $22k-ish if mostly solid maybe
Satellite Sebring was a notch-up, but base model with a
318 2 bbl org.
904 Torqueflight 3 speed trans, column shift auto,
8.750" (?) rear etc. (2.76:1 or 3.23:1 with a sure-grip)
the nonfactory 4bbl intake/carb, dual exhaust & different wheels,
won't really hurt the value, it will give it a bit more pep too
(I'd still get, if they are still available, all the org. parts that came off too)
clean interior, I assume probably a bench seat/cloth w/headrests, if no rips
if it has a console & buckets, power windows or has A/C
definitely a step up, in options then $25k+ possibly
(worth more, you could add another $1,000-$3,000)
if it is as solid/nice as it looks in that 1 photo

good luck

Last edited:
From the OP's pic, it looks like it has either bucket seats or the somewhat uncommon for Plymouths (much more common on Chargers) high back bench.

Oddly optioned or "loaded" could play a role in valuation, but honestly IDK if the high back bench would affect it much.

Buckets would if factory.

Welcome from Alabama, I wouldn't be much help on value, but the chart posted above is a great starting point. Not that you would be looking to sell, but I have always been told that you make your money when you buy.

1st off welcome to a great web sight.
Nice looking 71, what's it worth ?
Depends on your plans for the car. If that car is a wash it and drive it to the local show condition your about 30k ahead of a decent project car.
No matter if we like it or not it takes 30 plus to build a car worth 20 unless you can do it all yourself and have the time.
With her husband having been a mechanic there will be car buddies trying to buy. The plus is she prob does not like most of them. :drinks:
I'm guessing the time frame is due to estate closing ect. As long as a decent amount of time has past make contact with her and ask about the car. Like posted allready the day you meet her and look it over have your cash in hand. Take a small floor jack , stands , and flash light.
Good luck to you, hope you get it bought.

I gambled on this for one for about $32,000. It's a SSP, 90K miles, California born and CLEARLY spent most of it's life in the desert. A/C, Buckets, console, Power disc, Rallye Dash, Rallye wheels (and original hub caps), nice performance exhaust, nearly new Radials. Also ZERO rust and original paint.

20230902_132740.jpg

Is it a 383 car?

Looks like "383" above the front side marker light, but what is written under this marker light?

Looks like "383" above the front side marker light, but what is written under this marker light?

Only a Roadrunner would have that sticker from the factory.

Welcome from NJ. Me like!

Don't wait until it's for sale! If you have a business card give her the card. You could make a 3x5 card like a business card so it stands out. It might be more visible more often. That rating has good info, I'd rate the car a 3. add a 2 or a 3 after decimal point.
I agree with this...

And I tend to keep quiet about cars that might be coming up for sale that I'm interested in... Not saying this place is teaming with sharks, but there might be a stray barracuda or two... It is a Mopar site after all...

Yes, the factory option 383 call outs. I added "gold runner" under the marker, my Gal made them on her Cricut, thanks for noticing! Lol

20231029_135717.jpg

Back in 2020 that would be a $10k car max. Now, who knows. I wouldn’t want to pay more than $15k, assuming it’s rust free.

Auto Transport Service
Back