• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Over the road truckers

Darter6

Local time
6:24 AM
Reaction score
Question for you drivers.
Is it true that if your rig is older than a 2010 you are illegal to drive in the state of California ?

Vehicles heavier than 26,000 GVWR are out of compliance as follows:
Truck year: Date out of compliance:
1994-1995 January 1st, 2016
1996-1999 January 1st, 2020
2000-2004 January 1st, 2021
2005 or newer January 1st, 2022
2 more rows

Is Your Commercial Truck CA DOT Compliant?
upload_2021-12-4_9-50-18.png
https://www.ttruck.com › Blog/Vlog

About featured snippets
Feedback
People also ask
What year trucks are allowed in California 2021?
Vehicles with 2010 engine model year (EMY) or newer are fully compliant. Heavier Vehicles with a GVWR greater than 26,000 lbs.

I wish all the idiot politicians and lawmakers in CA would just move to an island somewhere, and take their ridiculous warning label with them.

Thanks for the answers. I just heard this on the news.
In the early 80's I drove a refer during harvest season hauling grapes from Erie to Pittsburgh.
The only thing we had to worry about was fuel tax stickers and occasional DOT checks.
Tough to make a living now a days.

Let's wait for first hand info before forming opinions.

Little, if any, need to question a negative opinion of the california communist republic at this point in time. Carry on boys.

I wish all the idiot politicians and lawmakers in CA would just move to an island somewhere, and take their ridiculous warning label with them.

How bout Guantanamo Bay? They all have a one way ticket, guess no one told em.

And yet the freeways here are as packed with big-rigs as they ever were, if not more..and I've been on the road quite a bit between L.A. and the bay area (where the majority of the traffic is).

That said... if any of you take that as me defending the politics here, I'll kill ya-
31ibTw4kSpL.jpg

No ****! I'm surprised they still allow Classic car's on the roads in that state.

It's a sure bet that CA will be the first to put major restrictions on antique/classic vehicle and race car use.

Get ready for a fight.

I live in Reno Nevada as did my Brother, 60a100 so I have a little insight here. Here in Nevada the Logistic Hubs, transfer warehouses as they are known, are going up in leaps and bounds. As CA has imposed their BS Draconian Mandates, Truckers and their rigs stop here in Nevada and drop off their trailers and then pick up trailers destined for parts East. CA sends their trucks here, and drops them off and pick up the trailers destined for CA that were dropped off. Or the CA trucks can and often do travel past here to the East so it is always busy here. And being a Rail Head in Sparks, that also comes into play along with the Airport's small Air Freight Hub, Reno/Sparks is rapidly turning into a very large Logistics Hub. The only downside is that there is now way to damn many trucks on the roads here so one needs to have a heads up at all times...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

When I was a freshman in law school (1980), my professors pointed out that the the bulk of the case law we would be studying, besides federal cases, would be from the states of New York and California, as this was where new frontiers were carved out, for better or worse. Summer 1981 I started work with a cross country steel carrier I would drive for during weekends, holiday breaks, and summers until graduation. My first trip to California was an eye opener. The inspection infrastructure was a nightmare a rube from Pennsylvania (we didn't even have weigh stations back then) could never have imagined. So none of what goes on today surprises me, and I don't run west of Ohio in my 2000 Peterbilt.

Last edited:
I feel bad for the californians that live outside of los angeles, san francisco, etc. They have to live with the shitty laws, taxes, and over the top regulations. I guess you can't fart without paying a fee.

And yet the freeways here are as packed with big-rigs as they ever were, if not more..and I've been on the road quite a bit between L.A. and the bay area (where the majority of the traffic is).

That said... if any of you take that as me defending the politics here, I'll kill ya-
View attachment 1202964

I don't know how you do it man.
I visited San Diego for a week, it was beautiful, but don't know how to explain it, I felt a strange vibe, as in the people. Alot of homeless and hippies but a bit spooky too, didn't feel right at all. Can't put my finger on it.
Maybe I'm getting older and smarter. Idk.

Just wait a tax for the smoke stacks is on its way.

I live in Reno Nevada as did my Brother, 60a100 so I have a little insight here. Here in Nevada the Logistic Hubs, transfer warehouses as they are known, are going up in leaps and bounds. As CA has imposed their BS Draconian Mandates, Truckers and their rigs stop here in Nevada and drop off their trailers and then pick up trailers destined for parts East. CA sends their trucks here, and drops them off and pick up the trailers destined for CA that were dropped off. Or the CA trucks can and often do travel past here to the East so it is always busy here. And being a Rail Head in Sparks, that also comes into play along with the Airport's small Air Freight Hub, Reno/Sparks is rapidly turning into a very large Logistics Hub. The only downside is that there is now way to damn many trucks on the roads here so one needs to have a heads up at all times...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:
That's a big problem during winter months. I have in the past sat all weekend or longer in sparks waiting to go over the pass. California is notorious for opening the pass to 4 wheelers only for the ski resorts. I'm glad in some ways that I don't have to do it anymore.

Auto Transport Service
Back