• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

overdrive in a 68-69

Cornpatch MO

Local time
8:06 PM
Reaction score
in a 68-69 Mopar B body with colume shift 727. What would be the best, most easy conversion to an overdrive automatic tranny? Needs to handle about 350- 375 horsepower. Thanks for your input.......................MO

Gearvendors, you can find them pretty reasonable on craigslist. The units are all the same just the adapter is different.

Thanks Rusty and you other fellers, I'm afraid I don't have a Gearvenders budget. The GM 200R4 sounds interesting. Any source of information for the change over and especially how you adapt it and a torque converter to the 383? Thanks for any Info.......................MO

Thanks again, I did a quick search here and came up with nothing...checking your link now......................MO

I was skeptical about the 200 R4 until I saw this thing run last year http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJEIY5OJ68g I know it's not a MoPar but good runnin' cars are where you find them. I spent some time talking to the owner (Brian) and he was very helpful and informative. This car has the full interior and is completely functional as a street car should be. It also weighs 3900+ lbs. ...And he is NOT running a BBC. Aftermarket Yak big bore block and a stroker crank.

Auto Transport Service
Back