• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please Help Identify & WIW

HYRDGOON

Local time
10:24 PM
Reaction score
Hey All,

In the process of moving I've come across a few things I would like to see go to a good home. Before I list for sale though I have a few questions if anyone can help.

1) I know the carb is a Carter... would this have been the stock carb off the 383? It showed up in a box when I got the car (apparently I forgot about that box)

2) Does this AirGrabber equipment look functional? Is there a way I can check it out I would hate to waste anyone's time in a sale

3) Where do I look to see if the Air Cleaner is notched for a 2 speed wiper??

4) and finally if anyone has any suggested what's it worth please reply here or PM, I've seen what the air cleaners go for but would still like as much feedback as possible.

View attachment 276681View attachment 276682View attachment 276683 parts3.jpgView attachment 276685parts5.jpgparts6.jpgparts7.jpg

Mike ,you have some rare and valuable stuff there. There,s a fellow in Lindsey looking for that air cleaner,looks mint. Should ask 400-450 for the air cleaner.The K&N filter is $100 plus. If you have the carb #,s I can see if it,s a factory 69 383 carb,4 speed or auto.

Mike ....Does the air cleaner have a chunk cut out of the backside? Ram Chargers and Air Grabbers had 3 speed wipers to clear the air cleaner.

Where are the #'s located on the carb? I'll snap a pic of the air cleaner backside.

Are you going to Cayuga tomorrow?

the air cleaner looks like it has been notched for a 2 speed wiper, the air grabber is missing the center piece & the last ag set I had sold was a restored factory complete set minus the cables / gaskets & all I could get for that was $600 after is sat for a while.

I think this is the notch you guys are talking about so I guess it is. I've snapped pics of the 2 sets of numbers that I saw on the carb and chooch I have the center piece unfortunately it's cracked but could be repaired for sure.

parts8.jpgparts9.jpgparts10.jpgparts11.jpgparts12.jpg

Carter factory carbs have a tin tag on the top corner.Look on the base for stamping,s or choke horn. Not sure for Cayuga tomorrow,Frank would be wanting to go . So far I see no cancellations.

I figured it would be it's pretty overcast. I'm gonna head to a charity show just around the corner from me.

I sent the kijiji guy an email see if we can help each other out.

How do you tell if the air cleaners are factory or a re-pop?

also any way to tell if my A/G setup is functional? I'm going to look for other numbers on the carb but the 2 sets in the last pics I posted were all I could see as evident

Mike,your air grabber parts look like originals in good to excellent condition. The centre piece is repairable,no missing chunks or broken supports. The air cleaner looks repairable. Check e bay prices ,your sitting on some gold,a little short of platinum.

Auto Transport Service
Back