• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Please S T O P saying this" thread.

South Carolina, brother in law says “let me hold that”. Meaning go get it and give it to him.

You guys are confused. I spelled it right. go back and look again.

Yeah....I did edit it before it timed out!

Oh man! Laughing my *** off.....but ran out of reading back around page 36! lol

Anyhoo, getting back to basics, blah blah yadda yadda....I was thinking outside the box when I came upon this in a newish member's thread....

A thread about repairing some wiring using a soldering iron. Being an Electrician, I was intrigued to see the technique deployed.

As I listened to the commentary, I soon became acutely aware that there was a problem.
Apparently this fellow thought there was a silent "l' in soldering.....so he was soddering his wires.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that was illegal in at least 42 States.

Undeterred, I sought out similar videos on U-Toob, and sure enough, every one I listened to made by an American used the same word.

So what's the dealio here? :elmer:

:lol:
Huh!?

I don't try to be annoyed by it, it comes naturally. I have to actively try to avoid responding to it.
Uh ok Try harder LOL

Once I get tired of listening to our US English I go to the BBC channel to sit and just listen to proper English. Seems learning to speak proper English is very high on Englands grade schools list. Then again One tends to repeat what is spoken, I’m sure there’s slang but not in the top tier groups, the ones that I could listen to all day.
But the English cannot pronouncicate the letter, "R" and put an R on the end of some words where is is none.

People telling me "I'm Full of Myself"
4016_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=ad2b24&_nc_ohc=Q48i-kimNkYAX-J-IMu&_nc_ht=scontent-msp1-1.jpg

Every episode of Wheeler Dealers featuring a gm car gets a "free fifty" engine transplant?

Auto Transport Service
Back