• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your 12 second combos

What are your 1/8 mile times and red line?

Your "redline" depends on your self- assigned max rpm. Will you hit 3 gears in 660' I don't know

What are your 1/8 mile times and red line?
Are you asking me? Best 1/8 in my Plymouth, 7.07. Typically 7.20s at 95 and change. My self imposed redline is 6500, it will easily rev higher. I used to shift at 62-6300, I found it was just as quick shifted at 5900. That is a function of flow-limited heads.

First time down the 1/4 mile with The Beast
Loads of fun but, man, do I need some practice!!

71 Charger with a mostly stock suspension.
Super Stock leaf springs
1.03 torsion bars
Bilstein's on all 4 corners
QA1 tubular upper control arms
Borgeson steering box
8 3/4 with 3.55 sure grip
MT Drag radials

Engine:
512 Eagle Stroker kit
10.4:1 compression on 93 octane
Comp Cams hydraulic roller cam laid back 4 degrees 286/294 .544/.541
Eddy RPM heads
Eddy RPM intake
AED 950 cfm carb
TTI 1 7/8
MSD 6AL and billet dizzy

Tranny:
18 spline A833 built by Brewers
McLeod twin disc clutch

I'm in the left lane

Had another run with a trap speed of 119MPH so I think 11's are achievable

Time Slip.jpg

First time down the 1/4 mile with The Beast
Loads of fun but, man, do I need some practice!!

71 Charger with a mostly stock suspension.
Super Stock leaf springs
1.03 torsion bars
Bilstein's on all 4 corners
QA1 tubular upper control arms
Borgeson steering box
8 3/4 with 3.55 sure grip
MT Drag radials

Engine:
512 Eagle Stroker kit
10.4:1 compression on 93 octane
Comp Cams hydraulic roller cam laid back 4 degrees 286/294 .544/.541
Eddy RPM heads
Eddy RPM intake
AED 950 cfm carb
TTI 1 7/8
MSD 6AL and billet dizzy

Tranny:
18 spline A833 built by Brewers
McLeod twin disc clutch

I'm in the left lane

Had another run with a trap speed of 119MPH so I think 11's are achievable

View attachment 1655180
Pretty damn good! For comparison.. my 64 dodge 383, runs about those ets at 106 mph .
a 12.0 is about 110, an 11.0 is about 120 ( roughly on a well set up drag car)
:thumbsup:

119 mph?!? Mid ELEVENS are definitely reachable, you've got mid elevens hp now!
You need to work on the leave with the fourspeed. You are giving up over a half second in 60 feet.
(If you don't mind a suggestion, I'd ditch the drag radials for some real slicks, if you plan on more trips to the strip. Drag radials and stickshifts don't play well together. DR'S like to dead hook, don't recover well from wheel spin, slicks can work quite well with a bit of wheelspin that your gonna get from a manual trans)

Last edited:
An ideal pass with a 90mph 1/8th, can be as quick as 1.66 60ft, 7.55 1/8th, and 11.97. (at 110mph!)
If you can improve your 2.2 60, down to1.9, I think 12.25 should be fairly easy. (the "ideal" pass, to me , would imply a stocker/super stocker degree of prep, not really possible for a street/strip car.)
Edit: study the competitions times on the slip you posted. You are 5 mph faster at the eighth, but he's 6 tenths quicker. And the great majority of that is at 60 feet. From 1/8 to 1/4, you are quicker and faster. With some practice, you could easily be quicker than him, you are already faster!
2nd edit: his 60ft is exceptional for a low 12s car. My guess ... auto trans, good converter and tires.

Last edited:
119 mph?!? Mid ELEVENS are definitely reachable, you've got mid elevens hp now!
You need to work on the leave with the fourspeed. You are giving up over a half second in 60 feet.
(If you don't mind a suggestion, I'd ditch the drag radials for some real slicks, if you plan on more trips to the strip. Drag radials and stickshifts don't play well together. DR'S like to dead hook, don't recover well from wheel spin, slicks can work quite well with a bit of wheelspin that your gonna get from a manual trans)
so you're saying I should go with a bias slick like a M/T ET drag slick?
Second question, if I'm currently running a 295/55-15 drag radial, what would be the equivalent bias size?

Second question, if I'm currently running a 295/55-15 drag radial, what would be the equivalent bias size?
Looks the bias size would be a 28 inch tall tire. Maybe 28x10.5

Screenshot_20240429-215549.png

Yes, I would run a bias drag slick, if you are serious about getting the most out of your car at the strip. I would ask mickey or Hoosier if they would recommend a stiff sidewall or not, depending on the weight of your car. Be aware, the more traction you have, the more likely you will find the weak point in your drivetrain.
As for the second question, the tire I run would be an almost exact size twin for a 295/55, a 10.5 /28x15. M/T. (Excuse the dusty Arizona garage.)
You might also consider a bias ET street. Essentially a grooved drag slick with a stiffer sidewall, but not nearly as stiff as a drag radial. (They are measured differently. Slicks are described by tread width, et streets by section. A 12.5 et street would be the same size as a 10.5 slick.)

IMG_20220903_084304.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back