• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Proforged anyone?

ZR9B

Local time
2:07 AM
Reaction score
Is anyone using the ball joints the make? I have had bad luck with moog on my truck and on a jeep I have and i am looking for something better.
I did a quick search on here but just seems to be a secondary thought on them ( searches on my phone suck) so sorry if it's out there already.
Thanks

I really like all the suspension parts that Proforged makes. I have 3 cars with as much of their stuff on as possible. Wish they would make the offset upper control bushings.

Good stuff, QA1 uppers come with their ball joint. B-body lowers are available, a-body not so much. Get them while you can.

agree with all the above. nice quality stuff

How many miles are these moog suspension parts lasting?
My 00 dodge Dakota has 289k on the clock and I'm still running the original upper and lower ball joints. Yes I bought it new in 01
Of coarse they have no grease fittings. But I grease them at every 3k with a needle at every oil change. and the boots are swiss cheesed for sure.. I'm just asking and saying . Maybe grease them more often or are these parts really crap?

Just my 2 cents on moog...people still swear by them. My 04 ram stock ball joints were done at 70k. Not greased like I should have..2nd set are moog made it to 160ish grease every oil change. Now I have autozone finest at 220k no problems greased every oil change . 3500 deisel.
My buddy has same truck and he put XRF (I think that's the name) no problems at 300k plus .

Here's a dissected lower ball joint from a 69 charger. It's all steel! these will support almost a thousand pounds. While twisting and grinding against adjacent parts plus high shock loads when hitting pot holes
20210928_173126-1.jpg
20210928_173002-1.jpg
or whatever. So I keep them well greased.

for what it’s worth all your buying in the moog ball joints is the box. Federal Mogul
sold the moog brand and now they are run of the mill Chinese parts in a moog box.
Last year i bought moog lower control arm bushings for the bee they would slide right on the pivot shaft without a press. ordered AC delco brand and the bushings were made by the same manufacturer both had the exact numbers on the rubber. Also slide right
on by hand.

I bought upper & lower ball joints and tie rods for my 74 Charger. They look like quality parts, but I won't be driving on them for a couple years so can't speak to how long they will last. The upper ball joints are too large for my control arm. The old one drops in up to the threads but the new one isn't near the threads. I read on another forum that someone pressed them in up to the threads and then used an impact gun to thread them on. Sounds like a good way to ruin a control arm, not to mention How would you know if you cross thread them? Emailed Holley weeks ago and still haven't received a reply. I wish Proforged didn't sell to Holley.

Sold to holley....yikes. we can never win. I ordered lowers and all tie rod ends from summit, the uppers are new in the qa1 arms I bought weeks ago. The proforged lower control arm bushings are backorder till 11/21. Still on the hunt for them now.
Car has been Parked 10 years...looking like spring now.

The lowers pressed in perfectly. I really like that their parts have an e-coating to keep them from rusting.

The proforged lower control arm bushings are backorder till 11/21. Still on the hunt for them now.
I had the same issue with a-body lowers last year, nowhere to be found.
Checked multiple sites regularly, sometimes even paying and getting a refund within a few days.

Eventually got them both off of Amazon. It took a few weeks, iirc both showed up as returns under random sellers.
They were both dirt cheap so I took a shot.
One arrived brand new in the box, never opened. The other in a different Proforged box, opened, ball joint in an opened plastic bag, but the nut/pin still sealed in the small bag.

I almost bought the qa1 lca's...hard to swallow the $ tag tho.

Auto Transport Service
Back