• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

QUOTES

tumblr_otr812U6UR1uo5x2wo1_500.jpg

If your going to be stupid you gotta be tough! My shop mentor when I started learning heavy equipment repair

... three kinds of history -- the actual event, the details of which are lost forever; the reconstruction of the event, which can be done only through painstaking research and through verified, accountable and measured sources; and finally the "history" that is in the books, which is put there by the people in power to promote a certain viewpoint or message and is almost always wrong. -
Leopold von Ranke who founded the field of empirical, research based history as we know it today.

“Any people, anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable, a most sacred right, a right which we hope and believe is to liberate the world”.
Abraham Lincoln – U.S. Congress, 1847

A little over 10 years later after the South attempted precisely that, Lincoln, when asked, “Why not let the South go in peace”? replied; “I can’t let them go. Who would pay for the government”? “And, what then will become of my tariff”?
Abraham Lincoln to Virginia Compromise Delegation March 1861

“The Southern Confederacy will not employ our ships or buy our goods. What is our shipping without it? Literally nothing… it is very clear that the South gains by this process and we lose. No…we must not let the South go”.
Union Democrat Manchester, New Hampshire. 19 February, 1861

“The Northern onslaught upon slavery was no more than a piece of specious humbug designed to conceal its desire for economic control of the Southern states.”
Charles Dickens, 1862

“Let us go home and cultivate our virtues.”
Robert E. Lee, addressing his soldiers at Appomattox

A little over 10 years later after the South attempted precisely that, Lincoln, when asked, “Why not let the South go in peace”? replied; “I can’t let them go. Who would pay for the government”? “And, what then will become of my tariff”?
Abraham Lincoln to Virginia Compromise Delegation March 1861
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."

- A. Lincoln

I know it's true...I heard it on the radio
- Unk, 1930s...

I know it's true...I saw it on the TV set
- Unk, 1950s...

I know it's true...I read it on the internet
- Unk, 1990s...

"Before you can win the fight, you've got to be in the fight" -Bill Walsh

"Hit hard, hit fast, hit often.." -Chesty Puller

"Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.." -Will Munney

"I got good news and bad news and they're both the same...you're fired!" -Frank Costanza

You don't get something for nothing
You can't have freedom for free
You won't get wise
With the sleep still in your eyes
No matter what your dreams might be
-Neil Peart

"Never piss into the wind!" -Dad

Leadership consists of nothing but taking responsibility for everything that goes wrong and giving your subordinates credit for everything that goes well.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Auto Transport Service
Back