• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator capacity

Mr. B5

Local time
6:20 PM
Reaction score
Will be draining the anti-freeze from my '70 RR 440 with 26" rad and would like to know capacity for refill.
I'm thinking 2 gallons each of a/f and distilled water.
Thanks.

Hi B5, I just had my 26" rad recored to a three row high efficiency in my 67 GTX 496 went with the Evans coolant . stuff is great capacity chart in Chilton's book lists 4 gallons with heater core blocked off, if you have a heater core make it 4 1/2 gallons . not sure but i wounder if the 50/50 antifreeze has distilled water in it.

I not using 50/50. I bought the concentrate and 2 gallon bottles of distilled to add.

Good luck with that, I haven't!

Piece-o-cake.
Waterjug.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Will be draining the anti-freeze from my '70 RR 440 with 26" rad and would like to know capacity for refill.
I'm thinking 2 gallons each of a/f and distilled water.
Thanks.

Are you just going to drain the radiator or drain the entire block? The volume of water you will get will be different depending. That will make a difference in your mixture.
440.JPG

I'm thinking I'll drain rad, add water with engine running and petcock open to flush block, then shut off, and let rad drain, then refill.

Call me old fashioned.... I just pre-mix my 50/50 and fill it up until it's full. And FYI MOPOWER 871..... check your temperature gage. Evans coolant will increase your engine temperature 20+ degrees.... and if 871 stands for "blower" you'd better keep an eye on that. As me how I know.

Call me old fashioned.... I just pre-mix my 50/50 and fill it up until it's full. And FYI MOPOWER 871..... check your temperature gauge. Evans coolant will increase your engine temperature 20+ degrees.... and if 871 stands for "blower" you'd better keep an eye on that. As me how I know.

Hay purple FYI Evans has been documented to raise coolant Temps is some cases depending on the cooling system. I stated I'm currently running Evans in my 496 pump gas motor in my 67 GTX. Evans will not make your engine run cooler if your having issues with a cooling system, it non corrosive, no water means no Hot spot , boil overs, high pressure issues. I have a brand new cooling system on a fresh motor 180 stat. she runs right on the number in the heat of the summer. As far as a 871 goes ya I know a thing or two about them. peace.i10846.jpgDSC_0298.jpgPicture 551.jpgIMG.jpg

Attachments

• 68psrr2 (1).jpg
    68psrr2 (1).jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back