• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator support VIN number stamp 1971 B body

mbc0724

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:20 PM
Reaction score
Where on the radiator support would one find the VIN stamp? Is it on the top? Or one of the vertical front or back sides? Anyone have a nice photo of theirs for a 1971 B-body that they can share? I am having a tough time locating mine and wonder if the radiator support was changed after an accident.

Thank you.

1711457120874.png
1711457120874.png
Right in front of the radiator.

It should be as noted above ^, on top OR above radiator. If not, either never stamped at factory. Or, possibly changed prior, as the radiator support is serviced in sections ( upper tie bar, side baffles, etc). If replaced, observe closely for non-factory spot welds.

Last edited:
E bodies are stamped on the cowl........ not sure about 71-up B's, but they are similar in construction

Two examples, Blue, St Louis plant 26 inch rad and green 22 inch, sorry for the
blurry picture. Holding the hood up on my shoulder, flash light and camera. Looks
like they stamped where ever.

That's a great shot. What are the first two letters at the far right in the picture? Is that an R1? I'm hand sanding the paint off to reveal my numbers and this helps a lot.

My number is 101760. Not far from yours, also St. Louis. It looks like this so far.

MBC cowl stamp.jpg

Two examples, Blue, St Louis plant 26 inch rad and green 22 inch, sorry for the
blurry picture. Holding the hood up on my shoulder, flash light and camera. Looks
like they stamped where ever.
Oops--did the pix come through?

Auto Transport Service
Back