• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radio Delete cars

BlueCoronet

Local time
7:49 AM
Reaction score
My 67 Coronet is a factory radio delete car. It has no hole in the fender for the antenna and I found the original delete plate in the glove box.
A previous owner cut the dash for a single din CD player of which I have removed and replaced with the factory delete plate.
I'm curious if this was common on these cars to come from the factory without a radio.
Personally I like the clean look of the dash without a radio but I haven't seen very many that didn't come with the AM radio.

My 66 is a "built without a radio" car.

It does have a "correct" 1966 Coronet radio but does not have an antenna hole in the fender.

Instead, it has two quarter panel mounted, angled antennas, one of them a dummy.

Wonder what the original purchaser paid for that.

My B old 68 Hemi Charger was a fairly well equipped car with a console 4-speed, ps, p disc brakes, p windows, light package, rear window defogger, vinyl roof, headrests and a few other options, but it came with no radio. Weird.

My Savoy was a stripper with no radio, no reverse lights, no rear seat belts, single speed wipers no washers, and rubber mat with no carpet.

Gus

My '65 rolled off the assembly line without a radio or antenna . . .

Bel 11-22-21 (26).JPG

My 68 hemi runner, and my 67 WO, are both radio-delete. I had many over the years.

my road runner dash close up.JPG

Missile interior Autorama 2018.jpg

Saying 'radio delete' is like saying 'automatic transmission delete'. It wasn't deleted, it was just an option that wasn't selected in the first place.

Saying 'radio delete' is like saying 'automatic transmission delete'. It wasn't deleted, it was just an option that wasn't selected in the first place.
The automatic was standard with the 440 HP in my ‘70 Charger R/T. Same with the Six Pack option it has, automatic standard. The 4 speed was the no cost option because it required the 9 3/4” Dana 60. I believe that was the case for all the 440 and Hemi cars in 1970. Probably all the other years as well on the B and E body 4 pedal cars.

I had a 67 coronet 440 conv
318 A/C radio delete.

Currently I’m working on this 61
Belvedere
Parts are coming from different cars.

Heater delete
Clock delete
Lighter delete
Auto push button delete
Belvedere aluminum radio delete.
Manual steering,brakes
Dropping in a 61 413 with cast inline 2x4 with max wedge headers

IMG_7255.jpeg

IMG_7256.jpeg

IMG_7257.jpeg

IMG_7258.jpeg

IMG_7260.jpeg

IMG_7265.jpeg

IMG_7263.jpeg

IMG_7264.jpeg

IMG_7270.jpeg

I bought my 1969 SuperBee the same day I saw it being backed off the car transporter at my local Dodge store. Although it was ordered by the dealership for lot inventory, it had a surprising amount of options, including power disc brakes, RamAir hood, automatic transmission, 3.91 gears on SureGrip, Hemi suspension, 26" rad with shroud and clutch fan, and rear quarter panel scoops. Surprisingly, what it did not have was a radio and aerial. When I questioned the salesman about this deficiency, he explained that whenever they ordered a "hot car" (his words), the they never ordered a radio. By ordering a radio, the front fender would be punched for an aerial. No radio = no hole in the fender. At this time, rear deck aerials were a fad, likely brought on by '60's Corvettes. He went on to say that if I were to pay the option price, the dealership would install the radio and place the aerial wherever I chose. I had it installed on the passenger side rear fender, just ahead of the BumbleBee stripe. My car came only with the standard Rallye clock, so I also paid the option price to have the Tic-Toc-Tach installed.
This little dealership in St. Thomas, Ontario sold a lot of "hot cars", likely due to the presence of a nearby NHRA drag strip. I know that they sold at least 3 black 1970 Charger R/T's; a 426 Hemi that a friend owns, a 440 6-pack that the original purchaser still owns, and a 440 4-barrel in a nearby town.

Last edited:
This photo is not very good, but my Charger R/T is a no radio option car. Matter of fact it has very few options, unusual for a Charger.

P1010234.JPG

I turned mine into one that does not have a radio.
I bought the radio deleted bezel from a buddy.
Also had the antenna hole filled in.
My music will come from under the hood.
July 9th (4).jpg

My 64 sicks cylinder, 3 speed Savoy had no options, no radio, no PS, nothing. Coolest one was my HemiCuda though, 426, 4 speed, all tinted glass, PS, Supertrack Pack, FC7 paint but curiously no radio.

On my car the radio is just there to fill the hole in the dash anyway. A nice lopey cam is music enough to my ears.

My ‘68 Bee has ultra rare factory air, no radio. Aftermarket Motorola am radio installed by dealer or PO.

Has anybody seen these door jam light deletes before?

I got these on a 60 Plymouth savoy wagon that had no overhead lights??
I will use them on 61 Plymouth above^^^

Did the factory race cars come with overhead lights

IMG_7656.jpeg

IMG_7657.jpeg

Interesting.

Has anybody seen these door jam light deletes before?

I got these on a 60 Plymouth savoy wagon that had no overhead lights??
I will use them on 61 Plymouth above^^^

Did the factory race cars come with overhead lights

View attachment 1598750

View attachment 1598751
The interior light might have been an option in the early years. My '62 has the dome light as standard but an optional "light package" came with emergency brake light, glove box light and trunk light.

Forward Look cars had a lot of deletes, or options.
I have a round delete on the left side of my dash, don't know what would be there though.
emergency brake light
On the 62s, when you ordered that light package they drilled a hole in the dash for the red light.
If you didn't order it, you wouldn't know it was 'deleted.'

Kind of debunks the <insert option here> 'delete.'

Auto Transport Service
Back