• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radio install driving me CRAZY

tjgp360

Local time
5:32 AM
Reaction score
I have been trying to find the 12v wire and the ground for HOURS ...has anyone ever wired a aftermarket radio in place of the stock in a 79 cordoba?

i have tried all of the wires that were attatched to the old radio but none of them work.

One of 'ems gotta work. Did the factory radio work before you pulled it out? Maybe you popped the fuse.

the old radio worked before i unplugged it, and i checked all the fuses, im totally lost. ground is the black wire right? nothing happens when i use the the wire OR the body as a ground, which wire is the 12v? because i know for a FACT that i get power from the back of the fuse box so power is there somewhere but none of the wires work for me unless im doing somthing wrong

Black is typically ground in most 12 volt senario's

(A) Get a hold of a wiring schematic
(B) get a 12V hot wire tester, check to see the wire you want has power
(C) Hook a generic 12V positive (ex...cigerette lighter wire) and a ground to the new radio to insure it works.

Auto Transport Service
Back