• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear spoiler placement

David Stillie

Local time
2:10 AM
Reaction score
Anyone have any pictures of the exact placement and orientation of the dealer installed rear spoiler? I see more than a few are installed backwards. Are the placed all the way back on the trunk lid?
Thanks

Here ya go... This one belongs to Bryan (A383Wing), so you know it's correct.

2002_0727_091848AA.JPG

2002_0727_091903AA.JPG

Last edited:
I do have a question about the center spoiler.. is it a flat base or does it have a slight crown ?

I do have a question about the center spoiler.. is it a flat base or does it have a slight crown ?
The deck lid is actually crowned in two directions. There is a slight curve running across the deck, and also a turn down toward the trim at the rear, which is crowned more in the center near the medallion than it is on the ends.

The deck lid is actually crowned in two directions. There is a slight curve running across the deck, and also a turn down toward the trim at the rear, which is crowned more in the center near the medallion than it is on the ends.
Thank you..

Glad to hear that the spoiler can be bought at Showcars in Canada. Did it come directly from showcars or was it dropped shipped from a company from here in the states. How long ago did you buy it and how much? These Charger guys have been wanting me to copy one but no one wants to furnish an actual piece.

Hi David,
I am very local to you and also have a 66, I would love to see this spoiler if you can post some photos or I can swing by to see it.
Cheers
Jeff

So, you bought this spoiler through Showcars and the owner of it hand delivered it to you? Was it used? if not used, then who made it? Did the guy that hand delivered it to you make it himself, and could you give these Charger guys some info to be able to purchase more of them. How about some pictures, contact info?. You know what they say, without pictures, it didn' t happen.

I just bought one.. It will be installed.. they did mention.. Its a mold from the original and with proper curviture..

I just looked and I can't find the spoil;er anywhere on that site.
http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/
There is a picture of Bryan's car, that's it.
I emailed them and asked if they had the spoiler available and ordered it. There are a few pictures of it on the site. Its in the car selection section. I bought the 66 Hemi scoop from them too. All the parts are made on site as far as I know. They have a huge selection. I paid $215 for the scoop, $395 for the spoiler and $75 shipping. Canadian dollars. It took three weeks from paypal to delivery. Dropped off by a hand by an older gent. who told me he made them. My car is up on the hoist right now but Ill try to post some pictures soon.

Auto Transport Service
Back