• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recently replaced my K frame bushes/ISO rubbers

UKPlymouth

Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
If anyone needs any pointers on this job, let me know. I did it over a couple of weekends and after wrestling/cutting/prying the first set of bushes out I soon arrived at an easier method.
I did the whole job without having to break any ball joints open although I chose to replace the sway bar and strut rod bushings too.
I also replaced the rear spring ISO bushes too. I used poly all round and the car drives remarkably better. Much less roll and far more positive. Put this job on your list of things worth doing if you are considering this job.

- - - Updated - - -

bush b41.jpgbushcomp.jpgbushb42.jpgbushfin1.jpgbushfin2.jpgshow quality.jpgPics

Did you keep the shims from the old k-frame bushings and install them with the now ones? I was told that this should be done and its noted in the service manual It may have been hard to see that there were actually shims on the sleeves, as my old ones were rusted in place to the metal sleeve that held the isolators?

i used the solid aluminum ones up front and i can say it makes a huge improvement anyone upgrading to poly or aluminum will be very happy!

My new bushings came with new shims so I replicated what I took off. I've also kept the original shims. I throw nothing away that I someone might need!
Some miles on the car and it really has improved the ride and handling.

Sweet, thanks for posting, I will need to be doing this here when it warms up!

My new bushings came with new shims so I replicated what I took off. I've also kept the original shims. I throw nothing away that I someone might need!
Some miles on the car and it really has improved the ride and handling.

Outstanding. I didn't get new shims however my originals were salvageable and I powder coated then and measured the same as they were with the rusted originals.

Auto Transport Service
Back