• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Regular to rallye dash– conversion question

Baddog67

Local time
3:21 AM
Reaction score
I'm building a Superbird tribute and would like to know what it takes to swap out my regular dash with a rallye dash? Are they interchangeable ?

Different dash frame, wire harness, different lower dash pads(except glovebox), cluster and dash panels.

Yes it's common to retrofit a Rally Dash but as above stated requires work and ca$h.
Probably $2k at least by the time you round everything up. Double that number if you have your gauge cluster and faces and bezels professionally restored, maybe more.
Worth it though if you want a proper tribute.

Yes it's common to retrofit a Rally Dash but as above stated requires work and ca$h.
Probably $2k at least by the time you round everything up. Double that number if you have your gauge cluster and faces and bezels professionally restored, maybe more.
Worth it though if you want a proper tribute.
I did mine and it is well worth it! Take your time as I did and shop ebay. I think I might have had 1K in mine. But took about a year to collect everything. My superbird was a satellite and I collected parts for 3 years before I started my build. Just be patient and watch for parts. Mine was a sweep dash column shift bench car to start with.
DSCN6126.JPG

Did you do the cluster overhaul yourself?
I'm in the process of converting my Coronet to Rally. One of my gauge clusters is in really nice shape. Think I may just put it in and see if it all works

Did you do the cluster overhaul yourself?
I'm in the process of converting my Coronet to Rally. One of my gauge clusters is in really nice shape. Think I may just put it in and see if it all works
Actually that is original. I found in a salvage yard laying on a shelf. Story is it came out of a wrecked charger. Odometer had 19K showing. I paid 200.00 for it.

Thank you for the guidance! Great job on your Superbird! I love the red.. so currently, I purchased a completely restored Rallye dash with all gauges by a Member of this forum about a year ago....and planned to remove the classic dash, and replace it with the Rallye one... when I bought my donor car, it came with everything and then some, including a new dash frame, I never thought I would need it, but now thanks to you, I see why... It looks like a lot of work! I'm finding that there's nothing easy in this build, but I'm making progress....

I did mine and it is well worth it! Take your time as I did and shop ebay. I think I might have had 1K in mine. But took about a year to collect everything. My superbird was a satellite and I collected parts for 3 years before I started my build. Just be patient and watch for parts. Mine was a sweep dash column shift bench car to start with.
View attachment 447642
That's sharp! I want to change my column shift to console too. I've got some of the pieces on order. Still looking for the rest.
Can you tell me about your nose? Is it steel, fiberglass or original? I bought most of the nose pieces from Gean Gregory. Now I have to figure out how to put them on. I'm looking for info on that, even an exploded view would help. Do you have any source of info on that?

Auto Transport Service
Back