• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restoration Batteries

uk-maxie

Local time
10:54 PM
Reaction score
Hi all

I know the relative merits of these have been discussed on here before - some have had good experience and some not so, but I was wondering if anyone had recently managed to find a supplier who has any in stock?

Mancini's website has been saying they are currently out of stock, for some time
http://www.manciniracing.com/mos2eareba.html
and the only other place I was able to find that didn't say was out of stock is 'Restoration Battery'
http://www.restorationbattery.com/g27ml.html

I emailed them and owner Tom says they have about 200 batteries on back order, with a wait of at least 4-5 weeks. He also said Mancini's supplier went out of business in November 2014!

I've read on here that Summit sell them but I haven't been able to find them in their online catalog.

Anyone know of any other suppliers worth trying?

Many thanks, Rob

Thanks guys. looks like Turbo Start / New Castle Battery may be back sometime soon but i cant find any specifics...

Year One are still advertising them in their catalogs so I emailed them and have been told they are made to order and take around 2 weeks. Shame they're $138 more expensive! :rolleyes:

Mine cooked and ate paint off the inside of the hood. Lasted less than 2 years. Unless concours, new batteries now.

Relatively new I think.

image.jpeg

Mine cooked and ate paint off the inside of the hood. Lasted less than 2 years. Unless concours, new batteries now.

This one is to replace the one we bought for our Sport Satellite, about 6 years ago. The mistake we made was buying it too early as we got it before the car was finished (engine bay tidy up and engine rebuild) so it sat for 18 months or more before we needed to use it, so it needed a lot of tlc from one of those battery conditioners to get it to where we could use it.

We've also got one in our 63 Polara that's been there since we got the car, 12 years ago!

Auto Transport Service
Back