• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RM21M9A263145 My old car

gtx6970

Local time
10:33 PM
Reaction score
Is it out there?
I sold it many many years ago to a guy in eastern KY .
Car was R4 red , black bench seat interior. 4spd car.

Did you send this to me?

If not, it may be out there.

69_RM21_A12_D21_R4_263145_LR.jpg

Last edited:
I'd say"Close Enough"! What are the chances of an RM21 and an RM23 having the same serial numbers?

I'd say"Close Enough"! What are the chances of an RM21 and an RM23 having the same serial numbers?
Zero Chance of them having exact same last six of VIN!
They are unique to each car of the same year.

Given that they were made at three different plants, it's entirely possible for two RRs to have the same the exact same VIN except for the plant code.
Here are two RR's with the same last six.

100854.jpg

It seems a pair of road runners could have the same six digits out of two different assy plants..... but two A12s can't. only built in ONE plant.

Each "Line" or Model begins at 100000
After "Body In White" makes a tag, it'll never repeat from same plant or ie:
RM21
RM23, WM23, WM21 etc

Each "Line" or Model begins at 100000
After "Body In White" makes a tag, it'll never repeat from same plant or ie:
RM21
RM23, WM23, WM21 etc
By 1969, each plant started the model year at 100001. Pre '68 there's some variances in assigning VINs by model line or destination but after '67, there's no assigning VINs by line/model.

Auto Transport Service
Back