• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roadrunner trunk emblem placement

Jason69 RR

Local time
7:26 AM
Reaction score
Finally getting around to putting the correct "Road" "Runner" emblems on my trunk lid. Thus far I have ben unable to find a simple measurement from the outside edge of the deck lid to the "r" in runner. The rest I can take from the pin placement on the emblems. Anybody able to help a brother out with the measurement???
IMG_9798.jpg
IMG_9799.jpg

That is the same problem I had. You have 3 holes as I did. This is not correct. You need 4 holes to put the roadrunner in the corner.
Apparently the trunk lid that came with this car was a satellite trunk lid and had the same 3 holes your have. Which would be for the word Plymouth not for roadrunner. I screwed up when I welded the trim holes up thinking it needed those three as well for the roadrunner script. Here is a picture of the satellite trunk lid. The ground in this picture is on the center of the 3 holes. I put a bolt through it to make a better grounding place. We had the trunk painted with the 3 holes still there. So I wasn't going to get it resprayed since its a driver and not a full blown restoration. We decided to just cover the first hole. Which looks funny but didn't have to get the trunk lid resprayed.

IMG_0558.JPG

The 8 in the stick on emblem center part of the 8 covers the first hole.. Not pretty but it works. Runner is a little down hill due to not being able to get the hole elongated. Had to drill a hole for the R in road pin used the middle hole for the other end of road. Had to drill a new hole for R in runner and needed to elongate the Other pin hole in runner but failed..

IMG_0831.JPG

What you should do is measure the door holes for the letters and transfer those measurements to the trunk lid and see what you can make work. I kept the same gap between road and runner and was able to use 2 of the three holes.

For what it's worth, mine was loose. I removed it and put double sided 3M emblem tape on it and trimmed it with an Exacto knife. Now it is on permanently and the holes are sealed.

P.S.
Mine does not have the 383 High Performance emblem that BeepBeep has pictured in post #4. Don't recall my first one (in '69) having it either. I don't think that is factory on the '69.

For what it's worth, mine was loose. I removed it and put double sided 3M emblem tape on it and trimmed it with an Exacto knife. Now it is on permanently and the holes are sealed.

P.S.
Mine does not have the 383 High Performance emblem that BeepBeep has pictured in post #4. Don't recall my first one (in '69) having it either. I don't think that is factory on the '69.
No I used that emblem to cover up the hole that I didn't weld up. I thought it was for the words Road Runner.. The 3 holes he and I both have pictured are for the word Plymouth. I did not weld it because I thought Road Runner would fit there. So the trunk lid got painted and didnt realize it takes 4 holes to mount Road Runner. So the first of the 3 from left to right was way out of place for Road Runner. I just put the 383 HP emblem there to cover the extra hole. Its not factory and never was. Just simply covering up my mess up.

Auto Transport Service
Back