• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sander/Buffer?

JR_Charger

Local time
11:15 AM
Reaction score
Any recommendations? I found a review that recommends this Porter-Cable 6 inch - Link

I think it may be too big to get into this little cap at the end of the fender -

63_fender_end.JPG

I've got a 2" pad that I've been using on my drill (for preparatory sanding, not sanding or buffing paint). It came with a bunch of very fine grain sandpaper disks. I might not want to try sanding paint with a non-oscillating tool, or something as cumbersome to use as a drill.

I'm not sure my compressor is strong enough for an air sander/buffer. Besides, my 2nd hand compressor scares me since I watched a video of a guy who had one blow up. That thing would have killed anyone who was near it. It did quite a bit of damage to his garage and he said he'd never have one in his garage again.

I have that Porta Cable. I only use it for cutting and buffing. Should work fine for sanding though. Get a 6" DA sanding pad and use the stick on paper. I use a lot of Duragold paper on my air DA.

Do you mean stick on as in glue or stick on as in velcro? All I see is velcro.

I found a used Porter Cable on eBay. Only used 1 time (or so they say), $50 discount. Now I can afford sandpaper and pads and stuff!

I have one of these and I like it for sanding and polishing.

Variable speed and soft start.

They may not manufacture the 6050 anymore. I have a Bosch like this and it works like the Makita

Last edited:
I couldn't be happier with this small Bosch, it's a 5". While many of my tools are cordless these days, it didn't make sense to me for a sander that's used for long periods of time. It's fairly light weight with good speed control. Using velcro for the stick on disks, the built in vacuum does a pretty good job of sucking up dust as well. My only issue is that the dust collector isn't all that large so it requires frequent emptying.
www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00BD5G9VA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Budget option. These were on sale for $50 something a week or two ago. They'll probably be on sale again one of these days. People say to open them up and replace the grease with better stuff and they'll be much quieter and last longer.

Auto Transport Service
Back