• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Satelllites in upstate NY

65SATisfaction

Local time
9:27 AM
Reaction score
Hi all,
I just joined this site yesterday - looking forward to sharing the Mopar hobby. I've been a Mopar guy since 1981 with a brand new license and a '66 Dart 270 convertible /6. Through the years I've had a '71 Chally convert, '68 Fury convert, '65 Chrysler convert and a 318 '67 Satellite convert.

Those are all gone, but for the first time we now have more than one Mopar. Both Satellites. The first we bought in 2002; a beautiful factory 383 '67 Satellite convert. The second we bought in 2007 and I'm restoring it - a '65 Satellite hardtop. No trailer queens, we love to get out on the road for a day of driving around our lovely countryside with the 3 boys we have.

Below are some pics. If the weather cooperates you'll find the '67 Satellite at Musclepalooza this Sunday at Lebanon Valley Dragway in NY.
Have a great Labor Day weekend!
- Art

Here's the '65 Satellite - it's got a mildly built 361/4bbl, console shift 727 hooked to a 2.76 rearend. Gold/brown interior. Options include vinyl top, AC, power windows, dash clock, bumper guards, tinted windows, light package.
DSCF1777.gif

DSCF1780-1.gif

Here's the '67 Convertible. Stock 383/2bbl, column shift 727, 3.23 rearend. Blue on blue with white top. Optioned with dash clock, pass side mirror, center buddy seat & center seatbelts front and back. Best Q.mile time to date 15.49sec.
SatelliteatCatskillCreek002.gif

2009-05-13AHsitevisit024.gif

2009-05-13AHsitevisit022.gif

Cool cars, welcome aboard the FBBO forum...

welcome,looks like you enjoy the outdoors also.

Hi Art,
Nice '67 drop-top, & a super-sano '65 - that is coming along nicely!!! Factory A/C to boot! If you don't have the two rubber strip's for the core support, & above the rear firewall - I do believe they are being reproduced. They rear will help keep water from getting inside the cowl/firewall area from under the hood. That's what those holes are for, as the OEM rubber fit into them.The front rubber seal that installs into the holes in the core support - is to keep hot air from radiator recirculating into engine compartment.
You could always make one for both places.

Graet work so far!

Glad you were able to procure parts @ the salvage yard!

Regards,
AL

Welcome aboard bbodies Art! Very nice rides!!!

Hey - Thanks for the warm welcome, :hello2:

Hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was. Scored some good stainless, aluminum and chrome trim from a '65 Satellite in a local yard on Friday. Sunday I took the '67 to Hemmings Musclepalooza here in NY.

Anyone needing Mopar junkyard suggestions around my area, let me know. I'm a bloodhound for yards.

Some history on the cars:

I bought the '67 drop top "as-is" out of Golden, Colorado 9 years ago. Found it online. The ad didn't mention engine size. I expected a 318 and found it had a factory 383. Woohoo! It needed nothing really, minor dents in trim. We traded pics via email and I flew out to close the deal. Then I drove it 2,000mi home. No cruise control for 8-10 hours days. I had carpel-tunnel of the rear.

The '65 came to me via a friend-of-friend in 2006. The seller called me, he heard I was into Satellites. The car was a decent driver, intact and unmolested. We closed a deal and I drove that one home too. 80 miles this time. Upon leaving, the seller said WAIT, and came out with a big fat manilla envelope - stuffed full of receipts, dealer order sheet, broadcast sheet, window sticker, etc, etc. Woohoo! Car was originally sold in Los Angeles. I had enough info to track down the original owners, but the husband and wife had passed away only 6 months prior. I sent photos to their son. Drove it all summer then started the restoration.

06-03-241965Satellite361035.gif
06-04-0165SatelliteHome003.gif
06-04-0165SatelliteHome005.gif

I love this interior. The buckets are way more comfy than the '67.
06-04-0165SatelliteHome007.gif
06-04-0165SatelliteHome008.gif
06-04-0165SatelliteHome010.gif

Welcome!!
Albany,eh?
Then you must know the Mopar junkyard guru Jack Forkey up in Watertown.
Great guy and a great resource for your satty's.

Welcome!!
Albany,eh?
Then you must know the Mopar junkyard guru Jack Forkey up in Watertown.
Great guy and a great resource for your satty's.

You bet I do. :headbang::headbang: a heck of a nice guy.

Now - if you know Jack's place, I'm guessing you also know about the cars at Eric Farr's farm nearby?? His sons run the place now, Bud is the one I know. I was told Jack got a lot of his Mopar stuff out of Farr's place years ago. There's still some good pickin's if you look real hard.

Anyway - I'm heading up to see Bud and Jack in a couple weeks... it's gonna be fun, can hardly wait.

65SATisfaction - Welcome to the forum. Love the '65. I'm working on my first Mopar. A '65 Belvedere II hardtop that had been in a barn for 24 years. We got the original 273 to run but not well. I just got a line on a 440 out of a '71 New Yorker.

If you happen to see any good right side tail panel, a radio bezel and a right side Belvedere II emblem in your scavenging, let me know.

Hey Ltlgto,

I'll keep my eye out - you are talking about the 2-piece trunk panels with the thin part that's over the license plate on the back? What "minimum" condition are you looking for? Most aluminum trim I find in salvage yards has the anodizing faded off. Usually I can find undented parts, but it would still need a complete buff and polish. Do you tolerate dents?

Best,
-Art

Both nice cars love that garage with collection 50's hood ornamates , ect. hey could you sell with that extra 67' Sat/ GTX trunk tail panel on the wall. I have a plan tail panel I'v doctored up but would like a real one . Also beautyful country there Love the landscape photos with the cars !!!

Both nice cars love that garage with collection 50's hood ornamates , ect. hey could you sell with that extra 67' Sat/ GTX trunk tail panel on the wall. I have a plan tail panel I'v doctored up but would like a real one . Also beautyful country there Love the landscape photos with the cars !!!

Hey Rowdy, thanks for the compliments. Sorry I haven't responded sooner. Those '66/'67 trunk panel's are hangin' there as ornaments cuz they've all "got issues". I wouldn't sell them to anyone. The '67 GTX panel has a nice big ol' dent in it, the other end is kinda mashed. So thanks, but you're better off buying one that isn't damaged. I like having them on my wall more than they're worth selling for.
-Art

Auto Transport Service
Back