• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

seat adjustment fix

Billccm

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:47 PM
Reaction score
Hi Guys:

The passenger seat on my 68 Road Runner won't adjust. Wife was kissing the dash today on our first ride, and was not impressed.

Anyhow, I can manually get the tracks to adjust. Looks as if the spring across the bottom needs more tension?
Picture attached. Thanks for any help. Bill

20170122_143149.jpg

That's not a "spring", its a link to pull the lever on the opposite side. The only way it could stretch is if the lever was binding and it ends up pulling the bends out of the ends. There's likely nothing wrong with it, look elsewhere for the problem.

If possible post close up photos of the ends and I can tell you if they're buggered up.

FIXED!

The flat guide to the spring across the bottom linking both sides was hog ringed to the wrong spot. I found a hook under the vinyl and placed the guide there.

Little bit of 3M Silicone paste and it works like new.

Thanks. Next problem in a new post.

I smell a Restoration thread in the wind. :lol:

Teething problems Bill....just little stuff...you'll get it sorted out. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back