• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat track wires and guides

Voss

Local time
12:06 AM
Reaction score
I have a question about the wires and guides on my bucket seat tracks on my '68 Charger. Last winter I made a full resto on my bucket seats and back seat. Everything has been cleaned, powder coated and new upholstery from Legendary has been installed. Looks really nice. But here's my issue... The lock mechanism between the seat tracks is connected by a wire. Too bad for me I did not take notes when disassembling these, and now I found they are different length. Which wire goes where? Second, I misplaced those metallic guides which puts tension on these wires (the guide attaches to an adjustable hook in the front). I can make new ones, but I'm unsure if there was a guide on each side, or only on the side where the longer wire is used. Has anyone a clue or maybe even pics of this area? If anyone have these guides laying around, I would be interested in buying them, although they should be fairly simple to make...

Thanks!

My '69 has the tension adjust only on the passenger side. The driver side has just the wire even though the j-bolt is in the frame.
Seatwire.gif

I have some guides but there are different lengths. If you find out what length you need message me i may have one

My '69 has the tension adjust only on the passenger side. The driver side has just the wire even though the j-bolt is in the frame.
View attachment 344064

Thanks for the pic and info! Appreciate it! It confirms what I suspected actually. The shorter wire do not need the adjuster. When thinking of it I don't understand why they made these wires in different lengths??

I have some guides but there are different lengths. If you find out what length you need message me i may have one

Thanks! I will take some measurements tomorrow and get back to you!

Hi!

It looks to be about 6" long. If you have something close to that I am interested in buying it! Thx!

What the picture in post #2 is.
This appears to be similar to steel banding material.
If I were dimensioning it.........
It is .500" wide X .038" thick.
Straightened out would be 6.250" long.
The loop back is at 5.250" creating the 1.000" return.
The last .250" of the return has a detent that appears to trap the wire and creates a .125" curl outward likely to aid assembly.
The hole is approximately .250" diameter and .250" from the end (+.032" -0.0" for both)

Hi!

It looks to be about 6" long. If you have something close to that I am interested in buying it! Thx!
Yes i have a correct nice used original message being sent

Auto Transport Service
Back