• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seriously, Jegs?

Greenbriar equity bought Jegs. It is not a Chinese owned company. It is based in Greenwich Connecticut and was started in 1999. They own companies in other transportation related industries. Jegs was sold because they couldn’t keep up with upgrading their computers and they couldn’t find a new CEO that fit their needs. It might actually help with future growth.

Greenbriar equity bought Jegs. It is not a Chinese owned company. It is based in Greenwich Connecticut and was started in 1999. They own companies in other transportation related industries. Jegs was sold because they couldn’t keep up with upgrading their computers and they couldn’t find a new CEO that fit their needs. It might actually help with future growth.
Feels much better to have it still in the good old USA.

All these extended warranties and such cost pennies on the dollar to underwrite and the inflated pricing they charge is nothing but pure profit for them. Many times they will not approve of using them should the customer inquire about that usage. I avoid them like the plague at every offering as the solicitations are now so rampant and very annoying...cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:
And the fine print with exclusions when you do have an issue will generally come back to bite you in the azz...... They'll take your premium but won't give out a dollar easily if you make a claim.

I used Jegs last night.....to identify the model number and application for a set of headers I am selling. I only realised last night that they are for a B-Body .

I've had them on my A100 for the past 14 years......I thought they were A-Body.....boy was I wrong. Anyhoo, they fit an A100 with no dings or alterations at all.
Trucks are easy. :lol:

I never use Jegs. I find their website to be less than user friendly; Summit, for all its' warts, is infinitely
easier to navigate.

Jeg Sr., his sons, and their families created the JEGS Foundation Racing for Cancer Research program to benefit James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solove Research Institute at Ohio State University. With 100% of proceeds going directly to cancer research, the JEGS Foundation Racing for Cancer Research program has raised several million dollars. Team JEGS also sets up mobile cancer screening centers at NHRA weekend events to keep the topic front & center with thousands of drag racing fans. In June 2013 the JEGS Foundation donated $10 million to OSU's Foundation for Cancer Treatment & Research at Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center in Columbus, Ohio. The new lobby of the James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute was named the "JEGS Foundation Lobby" to commemorate the donation

Yet, having done business the ol' fashioned way over the years, I've been VERY happy and satisfied with Jegs, in every way. Can't say the same about Summit, they screwed me once... won't happen again.

Jegs has always had a **** website. Summit did have a very easy to navigate. Now it's so laden with self promotion (keep stuffing high profit items up my *** as I'm shopping your site) this is akin to a sales associate at a store pulling items off the shelf as I browse and keep sticking in my face. I'm not sure how this is acceptable, and hope the snot nosed computer punks some day realize this is annoying as ****. I make a account , I put my cars in it (no trucks) and still get 4x4 modern truck exhaust and tires stuck up my ***.
Rant over, glad they are still US owned. Hope they see this and get a hint.

Jegs has always had a **** website. Summit did have a very easy to navigate. Now it's so laden with self promotion (keep stuffing high profit items up my *** as I'm shopping your site) this is akin to a sales associate at a store pulling items off the shelf as I browse and keep sticking in my face. I'm not sure how this is acceptable, and hope the snot nosed computer punks some day realize this is annoying as ****. I make a account , I put my cars in it (no trucks) and still get 4x4 modern truck exhaust and tires stuck up my ***.
Rant over, glad they are still US owned. Hope they see this and get a hint.
I love this post.jpg

At least they are still USA based. They still suck though. lol

Even though Summit (like Dave so eloquently explained above :lol: ) is like a circus barker, they do a good job with shipping and order accuracy. And if there is a problem, they at least try and resolve it.

@demonram Do you happen to know when Greenbriar bought them?

At least they are still USA based. They still suck though. lol

Even though Summit (like Dave so eloquently explained above :lol: ) is like a circus barker, they do a good job with shipping and order accuracy. And if there is a problem, they at least try and resolve it.

@demonram Do you happen to know when Greenbriar bought them?
February 2022.

Doesn't look ChiCom from my perspective..

Team - Greenbriar Equity
Group

I try to buy from Competition Products in Oshkosh, WI whenever possible. Sister company to Howards Cams.

Otherwise I look at Jeg's first...

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back