• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHANE MacGOWAN has died.

Fury 440

Local time
3:50 PM
Reaction score
Some of you might know Shane MacGowan for his Christmas song "Fairy Tale of New York", the duet with the late Kristy Macall. He was also one of the founders of the Irish celtic-punk band the Pogues. He was only 65. All I can really say is that he was a man who lived his life on his own terms. Considered one of the greatest song writers and poets of the 20th century, he was a national treasure in his home country. Bruce Springsteen once said of Shane, "In a hundred years when the rest of us have been long forgotten, people will still know who Shane MacGowan was". RIP Shane, you never failed to put a smile on my face no mater what you did!

Last edited:
Never heard of him, so I looked him up. Damn, he was uglier than Tom Petty!

1701366825559.png

Anyway, RIP ugly dead guy I never heard of.

So, gingivitis kills ?
Been lectured on that neglected teeth can be a cause of some serious illnesses, including heart problems and infections that can spread throughout the body. Gee, I’d guess this guy might have made enough coin to visit a dentist?

Me being of Irish decent, I am very familiar with Shane’s music. I’ve been playing the Pogues music for decades now, and always loved their progressive style. RIP Shane, thanks for all the great music.

R I.P.

Died of encephalitis. :(

Last edited:
R.I.P. His mouth died years ago, the rest of him seems to be finally catching up. .........................

R I.P.

Died of encephalitis. :(
Syphilis of the brain plus a hard life with abuse of alcohol and drugs make for an unpleasant appearance.

The first Christmas song played this season (yesterday) on the station I listen to was "Fairy tale in New York"...as a tribute to the singer and to acknowledge his passing.

RIP.

Looking in the ******* mirror can make you use drugs...poor Bastard. RIP.

On the British news today Shane was called "A laureate of booze and beauty". I think it was an apt description. "The light that burns
twice as bright burns twice as fast".

9781787601086-shane-macgowan-life-of-version.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back