• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Side Marker Bulb #

TL44

Local time
8:29 AM
Reaction score
What's the bulb for a rear side marker light on a 70 Roadrunner? Can you get them at a local parts store?

Can't tell you what they are on a /70, but they are 194's on my '71.

Do yourself and the car a favor and buy RED LED versions. Draws less amperage so it's easier on the poor old wiring, and they produce WAAAAY less heat which is mo-betta for the plastic lens.

Can't tell you what they are on a /70, but they are 194's on my '71.

Do yourself and the car a favor and buy RED LED versions. Draws less amperage so it's easier on the poor old wiring, and they produce WAAAAY less heat which is mo-betta for the plastic lens.
Ok thanks! I know it's a twist & lock base bulb. I'll search for LED's. I bought LED's for my dash lights but I haven't been able to fit my hand in there to remove the speedo cable so I can access them smh lol

Looking up the bulbs online for your car shows a 194. If it's the push/twist, shop for a 53 That will get you to the size that would fit that socket.

Remember, that release on the speedo cable is a squeeze type. I just broke mine thinking i had to lift it.

Looking up the bulbs online for your car shows a 194. If it's the push/twist, shop for a 53 That will get you to the size that would fit that socket.

Remember, that release on the speedo cable is a squeeze type. I just broke mine thinking i had to lift it.
Ok thanks! I'm going to pull it out tonight so I have it on end when looking.
Alright, my problem is I can't fit my hand up there to get it , idk if dropping the column would help or not.

Auto Transport Service
Back