• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Six Pack Air Cleaner

rww124

Local time
1:25 PM
Reaction score
Are all original or Chrysler licensed oval six pack air cleaners stamped with the same part number regardless of year, engine size (340/440) and whether or not the air cleaner came on a Plymouth or a Dodge? Where are the part number(s) to be found on both the base or lid? Thank you.

There are no part numbers stamped into the base or lid
Actually posted my question before watching a U Tube video from Nick's Garage who was dyno testing a 440 6 Pack to see if there was any difference in H/P or Torque with the air cleaner on or off. When putting the air cleaner back on he mentioned that Chrysler had alot of parts made in Canada and the particular air cleaner in his video was made by Fram. He showed the base of the air cleaner with "Made in Canada" and a part number stenciled below the "Made in Canada".

I have 2, no part numbers that I have noticed on mine.

Originals were made in Canada and had the part number stencilled on them. Just go to Tommy Chrycos site and order a correct reproduction. Most likely price is half what flippers sell original rusted and cut ones for.

440-6 pack - Tommy The Chryco

Originals were made in Canada and had the part number stencilled on them. Just go to Tommy Chrycos site and order a correct reproduction. Most likely price is half what flippers sell original rusted and cut ones for.

440-6 pack - Tommy The Chryco
Thank you, I already have a new 440/6 air cleaner on my Super Bee. Was making a few enquiries for my Cousin as he spotted a beat up/cut up 440/6 air cleaner for sale in Canada for $650. After he did some calculations on the parts/materials and labour to make it look good again it wasn't worth it.

Like stated above. They were ink stamped. Here is an nos six pack base I have… They were also ink stamped on the nos lids.

IMG_4928.jpeg

IMG_4927.jpeg

I haven't noticed any stamping or stencils on my A12 tub or lid. (That doesn't mean there's nothing there, I just haven't seen any.)

Like stated above. They were ink stamped. Here is an nos six pack base I have… They were also ink stamped on the nos lids.

View attachment 1571884

View attachment 1571885
So after time especially if ink stamped back in mid 1969 the stamping would be long gone by now. I would have thought if commissioned by Chrysler the pieces would have the Chrysler logo stamped into them.

So after time especially if ink stamped back in mid 1969 the stamping would be long gone by now. I would have thought if commissioned by Chrysler the pieces would have the Chrysler logo stamped into them.
Fram made them for Chrysler.. Yes on installed assembly line parts it would fade away quickly I would imagine.

I've got at least 4 6-bbl bases laying around...the only one with a stamp is a non Air Grabber base

IMG_20231211_175204783.jpg

Here is an nos 70-1 Shaker hood or 70-2 air grabber lid… I have another that is nos but no numbers just ‘72 air cleaner cleaning instruction sticker but it was direct from Fram. The nos 440 AG base with that lid was never finished as the drain tubes were not installed. I have pics somewhere as I sold that a few years ago…

IMG_4937.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back