• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

six pack vs 6 barrel

“You see, they have the Big Mac, we have the Big Mic, they have the Golden Arches, we have the Golden Arcs, we both have 2 all beef Pattie’s, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions, but they use a sesame see bun, our bun has no seeds”!

Ron's post here was 11 years ago and has not been seen here for over a year and 1/2...

I saw Ron earlier this year. He's ok, had his Plymouth at a local show. He's just not on the computer much lately, he said.

:icon_thumleft: You got it! Lot's of strictly Dodge or Plymouth terms that are basically the same thing. That's one of them.
Incorrect assumption....six pack was strictly Dodge while Six barrel was strictly Plymouth....it's only because of: laziness or possibly ineptitude of some people that the terms became interchangeable but to the purest (me) they are separate entities. Sort of like saying all GM cars are Chevies or Corvettes or Cadillacs or Buicks....similar but different.....
BOB RENTON

Cool replies guys!

Yes we all say sixpack (to go) but six-barrel sounds way COOLER to me...

There are more Dodges and very few Plymouths left due to rust issues?
Especially Canadian 'built and driven' 71 GTX's like mine.
On the road for ten years then off, for rust repairs.
Then back on the road (for a while) and then off for another 25 years with err more 'rust issues'...

Then the Six barrel seizes up through 'lack of use' and its back to Holley for some new (old) ones.

How many Plymouth Superbird six-barrels were built?
How many Dodge Daytona's were sixpacks???

Too many questions and not enough straight answers... :mob:

Don't drive your Mopar in the SNOW with or without a six butterflies...

DC Charger.jpg

GTX (2).jpg

Superbird 6bbl equipped cars? I've seen quite a few.
There were ZERO 6 Pack equipped Daytonas as the 6bbl equipped 440 had not been introduced yet.

I’ve always liked saying 6 pac better than 6 barrel

When I put my "personalized" license plate together for my 6BBL Roadrunner, I had past experience with "the public" not getting the message. Sure, if I had "6BBL440" there would be many who "get it" but it just doesn't have the same "ring" as "6PAK440" and the reason for that order of letters and numbers?
I know for a fact that "4406PAK" would be read "four thousand four hundred and six pak" by some idiots who may ask what that means, and I don't have the patience I used to.

When I put my "personalized" license plate together for my 6BBL Roadrunner, I had past experience with "the public" not getting the message. Sure, if I had "6BBL440" there would be many who "get it" but it just doesn't have the same "ring" as "6PAK440" and the reason for that order of letters and numbers?
I know for a fact that "4406PAK" would be read "four thousand four hundred and six pak" by some idiots who may ask what that means, and I don't have the patience I used to.
On tags, my wife had KILLDEE on her tag (grandmothers nickname, a small ground bird) they would ask “what’s a Dee and why do you want to kill it” hundreds of times lol. I have CEEDAWG on my truck and guys ask if I was in the navy. I look at them as good conversation starters

I had a 69-1/2 Dodge Superbee sixpack car.
So the Daytona could have got a sixpack in 1969...
....except the 440 6bbl/sixpack engine was only available in Super Bees and Road Runners in 69. The build run of Daytonas was over, before the six barrel setups were available.

The only personalized plates I've ever had came on a car I bought. They didn't last long. The car got registered in a different state

Cool replies guys!

Yes we all say sixpack (to go) but six-barrel sounds way COOLER to me...

There are more Dodges and very few Plymouths left due to rust issues?
Especially Canadian 'built and driven' 71 GTX's like mine.
On the road for ten years then off, for rust repairs.
Then back on the road (for a while) and then off for another 25 years with err more 'rust issues'...

Then the Six barrel seizes up through 'lack of use' and its back to Holley for some new (old) ones.

Too many questions and not enough straight answers... :mob:

Don't drive your Mopar in the SNOW with or without a six butterflies...

View attachment 1577604

View attachment 1577605
According to info I found, approximately 1/3 of 70 superbird production (roughly 1900 cars) got the six barrel motor, about 1/10 got a hemi.
Out of 503 69 Daytonas, 70 got a hemi, the rest 440 four barrels.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back