• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Slick 1969 Dodge Coronet R/T Convertible

I'd drive it to Vegas in April via the Angeles Crest and Route 66. Only after wiping the shoe polish off of the top. With low back seats and the door medallions does that mean it was an early production? Sweet. Also, were the spares mounted like that in ragtops?

I think the restorer just likes 68 door panels and buckets. The spare is relocated to the side for the top to fit into the trunk when down.

Hummm........one of one Red on red huh?

MMA Picnic #1.JPG

Gorgeous car! Not sure about the rack on the trunk deck. Too bad it didn't have a Rally Dash, but they probably didn't want to stray too far from the build sheet.
I love the hood, those are my favorite style scoops.
Wish it was mine!

Only 60k and it could be yours!
I'm still trying to figure out why prices are all over the map for that particular model ?
Wasn't long ago I saw one on tv at some auction somewhere and it sold for almost 90k before it even hit the auction block.
Can someone please fill me in because I'm gearing up to sell mine but I don't have a clue on how to realistically price it!

A true R/T Coronet should bring at least the same amount as a GTX of the same year/motor/trans/option level.

What are the details on yours? Actually if you could, start a thread on it.

Do the side scoops serve a purpose?

Thanks all-will check into it.
Mine is a true R/T.
One of 5 promo show cars built.
If anyone is familiar with the Hoffman's Winners Circle 69 R/T, it's one of those 5.
It's not 100% correct-but still a very nice car.
Little things like it has a white top on it but supposed to be black.
I've dumped about 30k into it over the last few years-everything on it almost is new!
Probably wouldn't win the Mopar Nats- but I know it would win local shows around here all day long.
So thanks for the suggestions!

I'm still trying to figure out why prices are all over the map for that particular model ?

Can someone please fill me in because I'm gearing up to sell mine but I don't have a clue on how to realistically price it!

Well, I'll assume that "mine" is also a '69 Coronet R/T Convertible since that is what this thread was originally about. So, here are three very recent examples to use as reference points.

2017 Mecum auction in Kissimmee

1969 Coronet R/T Convertible - sold for $50,000
https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-269260/1969-dodge-coronet-rt-convertible/

1970 Coronet R/T Convertible - sold for $44,000
https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-275112/1970-dodge-coronet-rt-convertible/

1970 Coronet 500 Convertible - sold for $38,000
https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-267688/1970-dodge-coronet-500-convertible/

Hope this helps you with pricing, also would like to see photos of your car. I've heard of the Hoffman Winner's Circle but not familiar with the cars.

Well, I'll assume that "mine" is also a '69 Coronet R/T Convertible since that is what this thread was originally about. So, here are three very recent examples to use as reference points.

2017 Mecum auction in Kissimmee

1969 Coronet R/T Convertible - sold for $50,000
https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-269260/1969-dodge-coronet-rt-convertible/

1970 Coronet R/T Convertible - sold for $44,000
https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-275112/1970-dodge-coronet-rt-convertible/

1970 Coronet 500 Convertible - sold for $38,000
https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-267688/1970-dodge-coronet-500-convertible/

Hope this helps you with pricing, also would like to see photos of your car. I've heard of the Hoffman Winner's Circle but not familiar with the cars.
Thanks-you can click on my profile and go to my very first post is where a couple of pics are.
Go to Hoffman's Winners Circle website and there is a full blown article on Todd Hoffman's car with pics from start to finish of the restoration.
Mine is identical to that one with all the same options-all 5 cars were built identical to each other- I think 4 are accounted for but the only other one I've ever seen in the public limelight other that mine is Hoffman's car.
It last sold at Mecum like a year ago but I couldn't find what it sold for.

I guess I'll chime in too....

I've been tracking 69 R/T verts for about 15 years and have VINs on ~80 of them.

I have tag info on six R6 cars.
One has a remade tag.

2 black interior
1 white interior
3 red interiors

After a quick look at the video I have some observations,

Wrong wheels
no seat medallions
wrong door panels
Heater hoses routed wrong

This car does not have headrest so that tells me it was built before 1/1/69. While possible to not have them, it is probable it should also have black plastic door buttons and not chrome. There was a change over period so if this car was built in December, both things could be possible.

I have questions on the radio, master cylinder cap and trunk/hood hardware I'd have to do a little research on.

There appears to have been two batches of promo cars. There is a group of, at least, five Y2 cars in the 107XXX VIN range with an SPD of 801. 96XXX promo VONs. This batch includes Hoffmans car. I have some info on four of the five.

Also FWIW....mine is an early November W1 car.

2_800.jpg

I guess I'll chime in too....

I've been tracking 69 R/T verts for about 15 years and have VINs on ~80 of them.

I have tag info on six R6 cars.
One has a remade tag.

2 black interior
1 white interior
3 red interiors

After a quick look at the video I have some observations,

Wrong wheels
no seat medallions
wrong door panels
Heater hoses routed wrong

This car does not have headrest so that tells me it was built before 1/1/69. While possible to not have them, it is probable it should also have black plastic door buttons and not chrome. There was a change over period so if this car was built in December, both things could be possible.

I have questions on the radio, master cylinder cap and trunk/hood hardware I'd have to do a little research on.

There appears to have been two batches of promo cars. There is a group of, at least, five Y2 cars in the 107XXX VIN range with an SPD of 801. 96XXX promo VONs. This batch includes Hoffmans car. I have some info on four of the five.

Also FWIW....mine is an early November W1 car.

View attachment 389718

When you use the term promo cars, are you referring to the pre main production pilot cars?

When you use the term promo cars, are you referring to the pre main production pilot cars?

No. The ones that were sent to dealers, shows, etc to help promote the cars. The promo cars we are discussing were all built in August.

Auto Transport Service
Back