• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some questions about V codes, and fender tags????

sparkie573

Local time
6:53 PM
Reaction score
Hey all.
So I am sure everyone has saw my posts about my search for a 70 B body while I am deployed here in Afghanistan, it has given me something to do in my little spare time.... I have a few questions about V code Roadrunners? First, what would be a good going rate or decent deal on a NON numbers matching V code that is needing a full resto that is decently solid and has a pile of parts that comes with it? I know this is possibly opening a can of worms... Also this car and some other cars that I have looked at "the others being non V code cars" have no build sheet or fender tag and I was wondering how I would go about getting a replacement fender tag or, if this is even possible to do?? As I would really prefer to have a car with it's fender tag.. I do know about checking the dash VIN, core support and trunk rail VIN, but is there anywhere else to check for authenticity to match it all up with the title? Any and all info and opinions are welcome here. Thanks Much.

You can get a new fender tag but they are not made right and you can tell by looking at them. I would price it just like a regular RR and not a A12 because you won't have any way to prove it is. It is just in all you want to do with it. Good Luck with what ever you decide to do. And by the way I'm a disabled vet and I do thank you for your service. Ronnie

Auto Transport Service
Back