• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something click, engine no starty.

prhousejr

Local time
6:33 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, this morning when I was leaving to come to work in my 68 Satellite as always. I hit the key, and something clicked/pop once and then nothing. No cranking. It did not click several times like a battery problem. It only clicked once like a loose connection, or something. I hit the key three or four times real fast and it fired right up. I came on to work and plan to look at it tonight. The first place I plan to look at is the battery cables. Where from there is the question. Starter? Ig. switch? Thanks guys.

14 people have looked at this:edgy:.......come on guys, throw a dog a bone. Give me something to chew on.....

Could well be a connection. Could be a problem with the starter. Could be a problem with the ignition switch.

Could be the planets are not aligned properly as well:edgy:

(I vote for a bad connection tho)

Check the main wire connection where all the wiring goes through the firewall.
I had (2) 69 runners that had the main power wire get loose in that bulkhead connector and it took forever to figure out. Finally pushed out the male and female plug in connectors and hard wired right through the bulkhead plug. I was just a kid and it was a quick fix for an annoying problem. Never had another issue with either car.

Last edited:
Thanks men. I am sure it has to be a connection of some sort. I will be checking it tonight, I will let you all know what I find.

Thunder, does the bulkhead connector plug in at the firewall on the drivers side?

Yeah, its by the master cylinder.
Big black plastic plug. It's the heart of all the wiring. The one you are looking for is a heavy red wire, feeds from the alternator. if there is any melting around the plastic housing then you may need to give it some attention. I had two cars with the exact same issue.

Auto Transport Service
Back