• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spreadsheet for Automated Engine RPM Calculations

Portagee

Local time
12:46 AM
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Not sure where to post this - so please advise if there is somewhere more appropriate.

I put this spreadsheet together for my own purposes, but thought that others here may find it useful - so please feel free to use it!

This spreadsheet is designed to provide a graphical representation of your engine rpm vs. road speed based on your transmission and rear end gearing, as well as your tire size (height), and given or desired rpm band based on your cam selection.

All you need to do is input these variables, and a table and graph will auto-populate. I find this is very useful for rear end gear selection, or even transmission swap considerations, as you can see when you will need to shift based on your cam/engine characteristics, and what the corresponding rpm drop will be.

Blank table:
upload_2022-4-27_13-3-42.png

Hypothetical example from my 69 Bee:
upload_2022-4-27_13-6-18.png

with corresponding RPM table (red indicates values above or below the selected powerband):
upload_2022-4-27_13-8-29.png

The file is set up for up to 6 speed transmissions, which is really helpful if you're doing something like a T56 swap.

I'd like to share this spreadsheet with this forum, but can't figure out how to upload/attach anything besides an image - if anyone knows how, I'd be happy to add it to this post. Otherwise, you can send me a DM and I can email you the document.

Hope this is helpful for some of you, and thank you to all the members here who make this a great place for b bodies!

Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back