• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

started 69 runner resto

Sure here's my project thread....

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...Wholly-crap-what-did-I-get-myself-into)/page9

There's no lack of good 68-69 b body project threads on this site, that's for sure, I'm a prolific poster but there are better threads if you want to see pro quality work. I subscribed to your thread , good luck on the project, keep up the I good posts.

awesome car! I really like that style of wheels, yeah your right there is lots of great info here and lots of people to ask for help and they take the time to respond to your questions which sometimes is a lot. these cars take time to finish for sure I started my challenger 7 years ago and hoping it will be done next summer and now I have started the rr, the more I work on it the more I like the body style they are pretty cool. bruce

Hey Bruce,
I was wondering if you spent any more time fitting those amd fenders? I'm thinking about purchasing a set this week and they are really expensive, just wondering how the fit is. Also the lower rad support reinforcement from us car tool, does that cover over the existing piece, or do you remove the existing lower section.

Thanks for any guidance you can give me.

2014-04-06 11.35.30.jpg2014-04-06 11.36.31.jpg2014-04-07 15.11.28.jpg
Hey Bruce,
I was wondering if you spent any more time fitting those amd fenders? I'm thinking about purchasing a set this week and they are really expensive, just wondering how the fit is. Also the lower rad support reinforcement from us car tool, does that cover over the existing piece, or do you remove the existing lower section.

Thanks for any guidance you can give me.

hey dean, the fenders I have anyway fit quite well I did have to make elongate the top hole in the back to allow the fender to come in towards the middle of the car(if that makes sense) but they fit and look real nice. the lower support brace I slid over the existing one (you have to drill out the bracket in the middle and install when finished) and welded it all around even the front holes,it made a flimsy support into a pretty solid piece. huge difference, I installed their whole kit for the car glad I did it really stiffens it up. here is a couple pics of fenders and brace. thx bruce

Thanks Bruce , your car looks great, I think I'll pull the trigger and order a pair of fenders and the lower support. I already have a new amd hood. At least this way I should have minimal work on the front clip. Thanks again. Did you decided on what gearbox set up to use? Mine is four speed as well, but I am considering a 5 speed, the LGT 700 may look like a good option. If I convert I want something that will require little modification as I want the car to look factory. Thanks again, take care.

Thanks Bruce , your car looks great, I think I'll pull the trigger and order a pair of fenders and the lower support. I already have a new amd hood. At least this way I should have minimal work on the front clip. Thanks again. Did you decided on what gearbox set up to use? Mine is four speed as well, but I am considering a 5 speed, the LGT 700 may look like a good option. If I convert I want something that will require little modification as I want the car to look factory. Thanks again, take care.

yeah, sometimes the time your body guy spends fixing panels it ends up being more expensive anyway.are you getting them from Roseville? I have the 4-speed but am a long way from there I ordered the 855 from passon for the challenger in January and hopefully get it this winter, never really looked at the LGT-700 maybe I will google it

Status update? I see we are about the same place.

Status update? I see we are about the same place.

hey 69GTX, yeah been kinda slacking with it being summer and with working away. I purchased new headlight bezels and started to redo some pieces like the heater box. I have to pull all the crates from the attic and start some of the small stuff to see what I can and can't use. I also trimmed the rear wheel lips and welded them they are now about a half inch as they were over an inch in places before.I have been trying to figure out the wheels for the back, I am looking at 15x12 billet specialties' and 29x15.5 hoosiers they do offer a back spacing of 7.5 but not sure they will work so with having 3/4 of an inch clearance on each side of tire I will probably mock up the wheels & tires in there to get a perfect measurement for the rear, that worked great for the challenger. have done anymore? thx bruce

image.jpgwhat do you guys think of this color? kinda greenish gold looks different

nice cuda,don't know what's going on with the front bumper though

Stopped by and read your thread on the resto. She's beginning to look like a whole car and going to be a beauty at that. What have you planned for under the hood?

Stopped by and read your thread on the resto. She's beginning to look like a whole car and going to be a beauty at that. What have you planned for under the hood?

Hey thx getx'd, yeah not sure yet was thinking 451 or even a crate hemi. Right now I'm trying to finish the challenger for next summer. I would love to have another hemi car but will have to wait and see, it's not the cheapest hobby to get into for sure lol. Thx bruce

Yes I'd like to jave a Hemi also but decided to make it "look" like a 6bbl with a 4bbl underneath. I figure I can get the same performance for less$. Cbird thats gonna be a tight fit with those tires. One thing I found is I lost about .5-.75 of width when I put the disc brakes on so keep that in mind if your leaning that way. I belive I ran a 7.25 backspace on my old RR with 15 x12's

- - - Updated - - -

Also I'm pulling boxes out now that she's at the body shop to start working on the small stuff. Think I'm going to put a Classic Air AC kit in. If you need any heater box parts.

- - - Updated - - -

Also did you dehump the outer wheel house? I couldn't tell from the photos.

That's not a bad color, like you said, its different and cool!

Yes I'd like to jave a Hemi also but decided to make it "look" like a 6bbl with a 4bbl underneath. I figure I can get the same performance for less$. Cbird thats gonna be a tight fit with those tires. One thing I found is I lost about .5-.75 of width when I put the disc brakes on so keep that in mind if your leaning that way. I belive I ran a 7.25 backspace on my old RR with 15 x12's

- - - Updated - - -

Also I'm pulling boxes out now that she's at the body shop to start working on the small stuff. Think I'm going to put a Classic Air AC kit in. If you need any heater box parts.

- - - Updated - - -

Also did you dehump the outer wheel house? I couldn't tell from the photos.

hey 69gtx, yeah I hear you on the non hemi motor. I think I will order the wheels and tires and do a mock-up to get the perfect length housing, thx for the offer on the heater box but I have a couple and classic would be nice for sure. I haven't de-humped the rear, after I took it off the rotisserie I started noticing all the talk about it. now not sure what to do. I will probably not drop it way down so im hoping it will be ok. I will know more when do the mock-up. thx bruce

thx ron73 different for sure!

hey, found a 1970 RR/coronet front bench seat not far from me, just wondering if it will fit my 69 RR ? without drilling any new hole or anything.

also I bought a rear end ruler online, pretty cool tool for narrowing your housing, takes the math out of that and the axel dimensions thx Bruce

I would contact moparmarks here at the site, he is one that could possibly tell you, heck, he may have a seat you would want more! Like i tell my wife about things, it never hurts to ask! Good luck... (Insert cleaning throat here) Hows the Challenger doing! :)

I would contact moparmarks here at the site, he is one that could possibly tell you, heck, he may have a seat you would want more! Like i tell my wife about things, it never hurts to ask! Good luck... (Insert cleaning throat here) Hows the Challenger doing! :)

thx Ron,ill see if I can get a hold of moparmarks. challenger is coming little by little,installed the hydroboost and hydro clutch going to order the alterkation very soon but as far as the passon 5-speed it looks like I will have to go with a 4-speed as I don't think my number will come up before next summer and I was planning on having the car done by then. so I will put a 18 spline 4 speed in and change the box at a later date I guess. I am only home 8 days a month so I kind of try to buy and install one thing at a time

Attachments

• 2014-08-24 12.36.16.jpg
    2014-08-24 12.36.16.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 189
  • 2014-08-24 12.36.31.jpg
    2014-08-24 12.36.31.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 193
  • 2014-08-24 12.36.49.jpg
    2014-08-24 12.36.49.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 197
thx Ron,ill see if I can get a hold of moparmarks. challenger is coming little by little,installed the hydroboost and hydro clutch going to order the alterkation very soon but as far as the passon 5-speed it looks like I will have to go with a 4-speed as I don't think my number will come up before next summer and I was planning on having the car done by then. so I will put a 18 spline 4 speed in and change the box at a later date I guess. I am only home 8 days a month so I kind of try to buy and install one thing at a time

That looks sharp!

Thanks for the update bud! I don't think you can go wrong with the Wilwood equipment, i know Will used it in "the skeltor" and ever since ive told my wife when the time comes ill be needing there "stuff" lol, and now i see you using it which further influences me in there direction, hey im a copy cat type of guy, especially if i know the guys im copying from! I CHEAT! rofl... :)

Auto Transport Service
Back