• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steve Dulcich Road Runner Road Test...

Krooser

Local time
11:09 PM
Reaction score
Dulcich has a near 100 point restored Road Runner and he posted a test drive on YouTube about a year ago

Considering the value of a fully restored RR he treated her with all the respect you would give to your first date, at the drive-in movie, to your new girlfriend Sally Spreadsum.

If you have seen this before I'm sorry for the duplicate post.

I give him credit... his RR is restored better than anything I've driven in recent years.

I like that they did it in 4 days.... i am on 2 years on mine and it won't look at good when done.

I see a basket ball goal.
Dulcich reminds me of some engineers I have worked with.
Geeky, smarty and just great in the back office figuring things out.
But would never have made it as a jock or on things requiring loads of coordination.
I had a sign on my box.
"Caution Engineer On The Job".
Here the starting point.

Dulcich and Freiberger saved the car hobby, they let the average guy know it’s ok to not spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a car you only drive to car shows. Dulcich especially is just an great guy, real smart, but absolutely zero ego

I like Steve Dulcich

Restored ?
not really, not by any stretch of any immaginations
but it's a cool build

It's a cool rebodied 1968 383 4bbl 4 speed Satellite/RR
more of a wreck-runner/exactly what they call it, it's a rat-rod vibe

Not to be overly critical
I know it doesn't have to be anywhere near perfect or "actually restored"
but;
some used/old door cards
some used/old side windows
a bit of trim around the windows/windshields
maybe rubber matting or some carpet
a back seat, so all the noise from the trunk isn't vibrating thru the whole car
a gauge cluster/a dash pad
a better exhaust, at least pipes back farther, so it's not so loud
headliner, none of their cars usually have headliners :BangHead:
a lil' cleaning up the body, he does it all the time, maybe some primer/sealer at a min.
would go a long, long way on that car
not that much $$, if you trade & use some take offs especially
the time spent to do 'it the wrong way with the right parts',
that's their mantra
(I'll get torched for that one probably)
that time & $$ it could have been spent to clean it up a tad,
a bit more presentable

I'm not saying that 'it doesn't need to be perfect' by any stretch
& not spend very much extra $$
Dulcich he's got a tone of the stuff at his place already, he hoards it
I've see some of it when Alex & Lucky, from HotRod Garage show
came to trade him some stuff
stuff he has stored pigeon holed away, that he could use on it

but it's still cool, ratty as it is

I'm sure it's fun to go out & beat on, not worry about

I wonder what he paid for it from the MotorTrend production co. ?

seen it a couple times on Roadkill & Roadkill Garage
it's a 68' so I like it

Last edited:
Dulcich and Freiberger saved the car hobby, they let the average guy know it’s ok to not spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a car you only drive to car shows. Dulcich especially is just an great guy, real smart, but absolutely zero ego
And they've never put an LS engine in anything on their show, that I know of. Kudos to them both.

While I do like your enthusiasm, I don't know if I agree that they saved the car hobby. They sure helped it but it wasn't on death's door before they came along.
I like Roadkill Garage far more than the regular Roadkill shows. I don't really care much for Finnegan. I don't have any criticism towards him, I just like Steve Dulcich better. He is a bit goofy and awkward but he seems genuine and eager.

While I do like your enthusiasm, I don't know if I agree that they saved the car hobby. They sure helped it but it wasn't on death's door before they came along.
I like Roadkill Garage far more than the regular Roadkill shows. I don't really care much for Finnegan. I don't have any criticism towards him, I just like Steve Dulcich better. He is a bit goofy and awkward but he seems genuine and eager.
The hobby was changing in the 80s and 90s, billet everything and high dollar unobtainable builds were starting to become trend. He came in and brought back budget friendly fun, and he brought the power tour out to encourage people to get back behind the wheel. How many YouTube channels are there that are the same fashion as roadkill? How many younger guys are there proud of their “junk”? Freiberger wasn’t the only one but he was a big voice. Where would we be if chip foose and those kinds were the voice?

I never have been part of the lawn chair crowd.
But this past weekend I went because it was a show that had other attractions besides cars.
People and things were there that I wanted to see.
My son found the red convertible E type being driven by an older man with a trophy wife humorous.
Everything was there from Rolls to an EV Camaro. Too much to list.
Mopars were underrepresented as always. (Except for a Chrysler only show.)
But we did our part.

Perhaps it would have been inaccurate if the statement was "single handedly save the hobby".
However, I read it more in the sprit of hyperbole since the OP included "100 point" et. al.
It is a team sport.
Even the best surgeon requires an operating team.
If Graveyard Carz was all there was, how long would any last?
UT is also a part of he equation, though some are here haters.
I don't know why. This link goes nowhere. Irony.
(Soon to have 12 members.)
ForEbodyhemiconvertablesonly.com.

Just as some others, I've been doing this long enough to see a changing of the guard.
Yesterdays White Book experts have been supplanted by new keepers of the orthodoxy.
There is a place at the table for standards and museum pieces. And I'm glad for them to be there.
"Rebody" can be seen as a pejorative. And sometimes truly implies nefarious connotations.
Everything else being equal between two given cars, let's look under the hood at it.
Replace almost ever piece of metal on the first car the "right" way and we have a restored car that Chrysler did NOT build.
But do it the wrong way and we have car the Chrysler DID build and it's a rebody.
No argument here, but that might be a distinction without a real difference for practical purposes.
I know which one I would prefer.
I also know where "the numbers" are and I've always been under the impression there is only one part which is unique to any given car.
("Unique" is an absolute and cannot ever be modified.)
One of the founders of our car club wisely said, no matter how hard we try to preserve them the cars and us both have a life expectancy.
So drive them.

It's silliness gone to seed.
I hate to say it, but "It takes a village" to save us.

I wondered how tall Dulcich is. One online source lists him as 5’7” and 145.
01 FALSE 2.jpg

The guy towers over Freiberger. He has to be well over 6 feet tall.

Last edited:
I had to edit post # 13.
I posted from a phone and wrote 6” tall. I’m certain Dulcich is taller than six inches.

I like the guys and their shows. They are a breath of fresh air compared to the main stream car shows.

I’ll absolutely agree that the Roadkill mentality of dragging neglected classics out to get them running has really taken off.
Heck… who in 2000 would drive this turd around proudly?

3AB2D9D8-09E1-4CAB-982A-FA499BE4C304.jpeg

Street beaters are a lot of fun for a fraction of the cost of a nicely restored car.

And it really doesn't even have to be a turd.
There are many, many parts of the country where weather allows driving an older car if one has the abilities and will.
A neglected Dart could be spruced up and if repaired to basic stock configuration would be exceptionally reliable with simple maintenance.
As we all know new cars are being designed so owners cannot repair them. It's The Plan.
Consequently, some people are looking for a car from the 70s, 80s, etc. to drive daily.
UT had a fairly recent video with tips on which older cars would make good daily drivers because people were asking about it.
The starting point would be any car designed for our interstates. Mid to late 60s.

And it really doesn't even have to be a turd.
There are many, many parts of the country where weather allows driving an older car if one has the abilities and will.
A neglected Dart could be spruced up and if repaired to basic stock configuration would be exceptionally reliable with simple maintenance.
As we all know new cars are being designed so owners cannot repair them. It's The Plan.
Consequently, some people are looking for a car from the 70s, 80s, etc. to drive daily.
UT had a fairly recent video with tips on which older cars would make good daily drivers because people were asking about it.
The starting point would be any car designed for our interstates. Mid to late 60s.
I agree with you about driving an older car, I love them.
But parts availability can be a real problem with 60’s and 70’s cars.
In the 90’s my daily was a 71 Polara for quite a while. Brake parts were tough to find back then.

If you’re a scrounger like me, (and ut) you wont find parts in the local bone yard.

As much as I love mopars, when it comes to point a to b cars, I really like Toyota. The 90’s rav4 is a tank. Easy to work on. Good drivers if you don’t need pampered. Same thing with Corollas. But even with them they are getting scarce in the bone yards.

AGREE, with the stupid s--- Finnegan did with his hemi , he seemed like a rich dumbass to me ...

Auto Transport Service
Back