• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stock Hemi Dyno Pull

khryslerkid

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:18 PM
Reaction score
Some of us older guys know about the true horsepower that the stock 426 Hemi made. You always heard the advertised 426ci/425 hp. Well this video might surprise you if you don't know the true numbers on this. It's a cool video!

Last edited:
Impressive! My dad used to always tell me they were more than 425

Here is my "STOCK" 1970 Hemi "original bore and stroke" Dyno run at Dugan's in Fontana CA
Bought the short block from Bob Mazolinni Racing, Riverside CA

And yes: Those are the Hanson Stage V heads and the dual Holley Short-Bowl mod to fit that Hanson manifold.

Oh, yeah, that is me...
Long day, had some Carb issues, I was tired.

We saw a little more that 427HP
Stock Hemi Mopar "Automatic Cam"

1970 Hemi 426 dyno Run with me.jpg
1970 Hemi 426 Dyno run.jpg
1970 Hemi 426 run DATA.jpg

That shop in the video is a couple hours from my house. Lots of great mopar stuff. Videos are a little ridiculous sometimes but good stuff overall.

Yeah RC, I think the Hanson stage V heads are for "higher RPM" applications where as the Mother Mopar aluminum or Cast heads are more suitable for "average" applications as opposed to being geared towards the "race" application.

If I get a spare $5,000 some day (Ha Ha) I 'll pull off the Stage Vs and install the original style.
(I do not remember Mother Mopar having the aluminum heads available in 2003......)

Lew?
Budnicks?
Hemi-It is?
Mike Gaines?

Here is my "STOCK" 1970 Hemi "original bore and stroke" Dyno run at Dugan's in Fontana CA
Bought the short block from Bob Mazolinni Racing, Riverside CA

And yes: Those are the Hanson Stage V heads and the dual Holley Short-Bowl mod to fit that Hanson manifold.

Oh, yeah, that is me...
Long day, had some Carb issues, I was tired.

We saw a little more that 427HP
Stock Hemi Mopar "Automatic Cam"

View attachment 409248 View attachment 409249 View attachment 409250

cool pics!

I was just going to go to the end of the video and see the numbers but I watched it all ..that engine is a thing of beauty .. never had one and probably never will now,( $$, ) but have rode in a couple that could pull the fillings out of your teeth

cool pics!

Thanks Glenwood
It has TTIs on it now, those were Dyno Shop headers laying around.
Problem is with this Hemi, it's too valuable to "run hard"
It has a May 1969 build date so it is correct for any 1970-1971 hemi
(Production stopped at May 1969)

I'd LOVE to sell it and get a CRATE motor or two 572s
My 70 Bee is NOT a Hemi car and I do not own an original Hemi car...

was just going back n forth with Nick over on the tube.
he says The HEMI made 456.3 horses w 450 torque @5k
( high torque peak was 493.1@4500 )
and he will make a vid again after he installs it in a car,
to show what the output is at the rear.

would like to Thank Ski and the Op,some great stuff here.
this forum really rocks.

We did my buddy Mike's a few months ago. Similar results. We didn't even play with jetting at all. With fresh set of rings and jetting/timing, I bet it would have been close to 500.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back