• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

stock rebuild well kinda

Dgc

Local time
11:46 AM
Reaction score
rebuilding my 67 rt s 440 the plan is to keep as stock sounding and looking as possible but also adding as much punch as I can this one a bit new to me my other cars either didnt need engine work or we didnt care about keeping the stock look or sound anyone have advise been brousing the web and mostly find big horse power ideas
thanks

Wow, how about some punctuation? From what I gather... you need to up the cubes, better heads,sneaky cam, and paint it to look stock.

Call Dwayne Porter. How stock looking do you want? Stealth heads, stroker crank, and a Performer RPM all covered in orange/blue factory paint. Not quite as stock appearing but better yet, Eddy Performer RPM heads. Most people would never notice once they're painted.
Doug

Wow, how about some punctuation? From what I gather... you need to up the cubes, better heads,sneaky cam, and paint it to look stock.
wow I didnt know this was English 101 give me a break that what you get at 0 dark 30 without my reading glasses

Call Dwayne Porter. How stock looking do you want? Stealth heads, stroker crank, and a Performer RPM all covered in orange/blue factory paint. Not quite as stock appearing but better yet, Eddy Performer RPM heads. Most people would never notice once they're painted.
Doug
keeping stock heads, intake, exhaust, its a 67 rt with 36k so keeping it very original but since it sat since 74 theirs some rust piting on two cylinder walls at top so going to have to bore it. I dont think hone will do the job, and if im doing that might as well go a bit farther .

Look at bs67 his 67 factory 440 charger looks stock under the hood but runs 11s.

to keep the stock look i'd do some head work, use a cam with a little area under the curve (something to match the heads), and lower restriction mufflers. light weight pistons and rods would be neat. the stock iron intake may be the limiting factor.

to keep the stock look i'd do some head work, use a cam with a little area under the curve (something to match the heads), and lower restriction mufflers. light weight pistons and rods would be neat. the stock iron intake may be the limiting factor.
thats the route Im thinking theirs a local shop to me that acid ports heads going to look into what they can do with the intake to help it

image.jpg
I'm building this 70 six barrel motor relatively stock looking. Went with a diamond shelf piston and eagle rods still using 1.094 pin. Have 906 heads with 11/32 valves and bowl work. Won't run 11s but should run good

thats the route Im thinking theirs a local shop to me that acid ports heads going to look into what they can do with the intake to help it
you'd be better off sending the heads out to a head shop. BS67 that dieseldazzle refers to has experience with the '915 head. i've known him for years and he has great experience with what your wanting to do. professional heads, some Icon 836 pistons, 440 source light h-beam rods, and a matching cam will make a big difference. Dwayne Porter is about as good as you'll get for heads and can do custom camshaft stuff. i do believe a stock iron intake will hold you back some.

This is bs67 motor while not stock it looks insanely close for an 11 second combo
IMG_1382.PNG

i'm putting together a stock rebuild 4bbl engine now and got to thinking. about a year or so ago bs67 and i were talking about putting together stock looking 4bbl engines to drive and have fun with but still make a little extra power. i built "my" version last winter but didn't do anything with it, still sitting;....lol. not sure what bs67 did. i'll see if i can get him to chime in.

There's power in dem dare hills! Heads that is. Just doing the valve pockets helps increase the amount of flow. The factory back cut (just under the valves) really sucks. Making sure your ports match is also another benefit. IE, 'blue print' the engine. Factory fit varies and even has an accepted tolerance for being 'good enough' throughout the production process but if you want something that performs well, it needs to be on the money.

My 446 has an m1 intake and trickflow heads and Holley hp but I'm hiding the Holley under a dual snorkel air cleaner and painting it all turquoise.

At first glance it will look stock but I'm also running coated dougs d452 headers

the "orphan in the corner" is a 446 with a set of hugh's stage I '452's, kb184 pistons, howards #720141-12 cam, ch4b. carb would be a 750 or 800 edelbrock or perhaps a quickfuel 780vs.

the pic of the charger looks great and im sure its a blast to drive . mine wont be anywhere near a 11 sec car
this old girl is getting restored and every thing original except some internal engine components and I wouldnt have even opened that up but it had some blow by. Didnt find bs67 member on here to chat with

Auto Transport Service
Back