• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Subframe connectors

Doba76

Local time
7:38 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone built subframe connectors for their late B? I'm looking at doing it and would love to see what others have done.

Have you looked at US Car Tools product offerings? I have their connectors on my 63 Fury, looks like a factory frame under there.

Do an FBBO search and you'll find thousands of members giving insight to sub frame connectors. I realize you want to make yours - I bought mine from Summit Racing. Most of the members seem to prefer U.S. Car tools

Do an FBBO search and you'll find thousands of members giving insight to sub frame connectors. I realize you want to make yours - I bought mine from Summit Racing. Most of the members seem to prefer U.S. Car tools

That's very true, but I'm looking for specific info on 75-79 connectors and using the search function yields 3 results. The U.S. Car Tools ones are very nice, but they don't make them to fit these cars. I'm probably going to take some measurements, make some CAD (cardboard assisted design) templates and see what I can come up with.

They're not rocket-surgery. You'll do fine.

I used 2x3" thick walled square tubing and yes I went into the back seat floors. 73-79B's and 79-81R's are further complicated by the Isolated torsion xmember.

I know I'm comin in last on this thread but all I did on my Dobie was trimmed down a piece of 3" C channel to somewhat match the back floor and welded it in. My car launches hard and straight with no problems. Good luck Bruce

Auto Transport Service
Back