• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide single to Dual M.C. studs or bolts

hofferwood

Local time
9:47 AM
Reaction score
Manual drum brakes.

Do I push out the studs from the single, or just use bolts? I have everything together (parts wise). Waiting for warmer weather.

Thanks
Chuck

I reused the studs...

20170721_131728.jpg

My thread...Post in thread 'Taking Up New Residence' Taking Up New Residence

As Kk posted, just transfer them over if new didn't come with studs. As for "suicide", I'm still of the opinion that's a real stretch on pre 67's You do have a working e/parking brake no?

When I switched my 65 Coronet to a dual master system, the original MC studs were too small to cut new splines in the dual cylinder so, I used JB Weld and epoxied them in. Worked great!
Mike

As Kk posted, just transfer them over if new didn't come with studs. As for "suicide", I'm still of the opinion that's a real stretch on pre 67's You do have a working e/parking brake no?
On a mission to bring home a 66 charger , I was following behind and got to watch a suicide brake failure. It wasn't pretty to say the least. Luckily car and driver were unscathed.
The shitty ebrake did provide that last 1% of calm assuredness :lol:

Just make sure it works and carry on. Me driving a standard with the option to "just turn it off" is great as well !View attachment 1629285

I have the same interior exact but auto. all stripped out right now. Backseat and passenger's done (new foam, burlap--yada yada)
Driver's still in with old tore up covers and what used to be foam----lol.

But I always use the parking brake.

Auto Transport Service
Back