• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

**super-bee_ski**

Bladecutter

"Pursuit of Shape"
Local time
3:30 PM
Reaction score
The kind of Guy Skister is:
I have pontificated at length before casually making this post.
I dont know how many of You are aware of what Ski has dialed in for me.......not just Ski, but His Constituents, Colleagues, Superiors as well. Most of You know Ski is AF Retired, but works in the still classified F-22 Raptor program @ Edwards AFB (Edwards Dry Lake) home to the AF version of Top Gun..........the hottest hardware, the hottest Test Pilots. Most of You know that i grew up in aviation & flew some fairly neat **** myself.....that my Father was a Very hi time Pilot with a diverse Life long career in aviation from the time He was Twelve yrs old......well over 40,000 hrs logged, lost logbooks & unlogged time would probably put Him near 50K hrs. Within that career, during WW ll, Dad was a Test Pilot for Douglas A/C & Martin A/C......flew the hottest **** of the time.....the most Notorious(& my # one favorite) the Martin B-26 Marauder(Widomak'r). A very fast medium bomber(rougly same size & bombload of North American B-25, & near 100 mph faster @ or over Military gross. Highest return rate of combat a/c in WW ll. A very capable aircraft, but also potentially very deadly.....to Pilots & Crew if not properly lead.
Sacrifice in lift is made for greater speed......the early 'shortwing' B-26 wing loading was 54 lbs per sq ft. Control surface areas were minimal,,,,a twin w/ P&W twin wasp (two rows of nine cyl each) R-2800 radials swinging NON counter rotating, 14.5 ft Curtiss Electric 4 blade props. Torque & P Factors were Very tall. This all makes for a ship that is very unstable @ low speeds. The landing speed of a Marauder is 135-140 mph. Thats about the same as lndg spd of a Boeing 737.......consider how much larger the 737 is than the widomak'r...........coming across the fence @ 140 mph in a relatively small airplane isnt for neo phytes, or anyone that frights easily....Trust Me,,,,,**** is Very Busy. The biggest scare of the Martin is losing the right engine @ low altitude/low airspeed....take off, clearing 50 ft obstacle & initial climb out being in the most critical windows. This all in days before wind tunnels & CAD......it was run wut ya brung & find out if it works. What im getting to is a common bond with Skister & the Edwards Top Gun.......AIRPLANES!!!
Many of You know that after 3 yrs of what i thought was pushing kidney stone, it was discovered i have bladder cancer.
Ski has arranged a Very Special thing for me......with the approval of Who must be one Cool CO.
They ordered a 'Ceremonial' Flag & on September 20th, about 2pm Pacific, the flag was loaded into weapons bay of an F-22.....vertical climb to 10,000 ft.......then continued climb out to 60 K plus & set about on a sortie in Interest of National Defense
Now the Flag is folded in Traditional Triangle, being packed in a presentation case with engraved plaque, accompanied by a Letter from the United States Air Force!!
Me?? Holy effing Hannah.....im still falling off the couch...i get up & i fall right back down. In all Sincerity....
I have cried, more than once......this does not escape me by any means, i am So Moved by the Enormity of this act.....this Tribute.....jeez, im just an old ragbutt hippie Who spouts off a lot. That Ski thinks this well of me feels real Nice....but the fact that Others have put forth in this Effort, that it was approved by USAF.......one of the Biggest, most Meaningful things to ever come my way.......this will not go casually by.....im already
asshole & elbows into a piece to Give Ski & Edwards.
Ski,,,,,,,You have Truly Blown Me Away..........Hope to hell You make it to FF VN Oct 29. Im gonna rattle my Brother's cage, see if we cant fly out to Mojave in near future ....We gotta meet Eye to Eye my Brother......
Forever, Thank You Man......jimi

IMG_0357.jpg

:usflag:yup ski is a very good guy ,Blade the best to you ,and thanks for sharing this nice thread :thumbsup::thankyou:

Mark is the best! A very generous and genuinely good man all around!!

Good on you, Mark!!

4f5c5ef2f6cb2d0df9e158d26f097bf8.jpg
Blade it has been a long time ago ,I just remembered this ,I had to do a search to find it ski should remember this very well as to all of us other veteran's of all the other branches in service :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Congratulations Blade, Thank you for your service. My fathere was also a pilot in the Air Force, rest his soul, that Air man's creed gave me goosebumps. Thanks to all who have served this great nation.

We have a lot of good guys on this board and Bee-Ski is one of the best. That's a great thing you are doing Mark. Blade, we are praying for you brother. God bless all of our Veterans and active duty military.

Ski's gonna get me a ride in a F-22 as a passenger. You got hosed!

:p

Only kidding. That's pretty awesome. Good work Ski! :usflag:

I have had the HONOR of meeting Mark last year when I took the wife to Pomona for the finals.He came from Edwards which has to be hours away to spend a few hours with us. I look foward to taking Ski out for a steak dinner!!!
Blade,that an AWSOME thing he did for you!!!!!!!:usflag:

11.17.15 042.jpg 11.17.15 045.jpg 11.17.15 063.jpg 11.17.15 086.jpg 11.17.15 087.jpg 11.17.15 089.jpg 11.17.15 092.jpg

4f5c5ef2f6cb2d0df9e158d26f097bf8.jpg
Blade it has been a long time ago ,I just remembered this ,I had to do a search to find it ski should remember this very well as to all of us other veteran's of all the other branches in service :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

This USAF logo is Precisely the decal i have in mind for the Beech Cardinal drone blade im presently working on to give to Ski & Edwards.....point me to how to get this logo in decal......needs to be no more than 3.5 inches wide, height is negotiable.
My android is limited data, ill watch the video later when i can get on desk top.
You Guys have heard me say harsh things in past on bizzniz of war.....my problem is with those who start the wars.....my Respect for Warriors is Very True however. Only Military i ever did was ROTC @ SMBA in San Marcos, Texas....high school, a private Military/Baptist Academy. Being brought into the loop just has me Stunned.
I Love You super-bee_ski!! You have left Very Deep prints, indelibly etched into my Soul from here on, Main.
Oh, my Brother in Law Tommy, flew F-4's in Viet Nam.....He was beside Himself as i related to Him what Ski & AF have done.....He loved the 'raped angel' 10,000 ft Vertical climb.
"gives me fever, fever,, fevah...." Aviation, Small World, Fantastic bonding ground. Mungo jimi
I did try to enlist in AF once in but could not get flight school.

Congratulations Blade, Thank you for your service. My fathere was also a pilot in the Air Force, rest his soul, that Air man's creed gave me goosebumps. Thanks to all who have served this great nation.
Thanx RT K. I was not in Military......what gives all this such a remarkable feel.....like 'why me?'
The Honor gives me goose bumps, tears.

I have had the HONOR of meeting Mark last year when I took the wife to Pomona for the finals.He came from Edwards which has to be hours away to spend a few hours with us. I look foward to taking Ski out for a steak dinner!!!
Blade,that an AWSOME thing he did for you!!!!!!!:usflag:

View attachment 362188 View attachment 362189 View attachment 362190 View attachment 362191 View attachment 362192 View attachment 362193 View attachment 362194
Way beyond Awesome Hemi.....i Truly am stunned, not getting over it & i will not go without reciprocating.....working a piece for them presently

Very cool! One of my sons is a B-52 mechanic at Minot AFB. Everyone we've met along the way have been very good, stand up people

Very cool! One of my sons is a B-52 mechanic at Minot AFB. Everyone we've met along the way have been very good, stand up people
Just gotta Love Airplanes! B-52 i a remarkable aircraft.....sure have put in their time....if not mistaken, they have been around longer than C-130 Hercs

This USAF logo is Precisely the decal i have in mind for the Beech Cardinal drone blade im presently working on to give to Ski & Edwards.....point me to how to get this logo in decal......needs to be no more than 3.5 inches wide, height is negotiable.
Hey Jim, I've got some water-slide decal sheets that are designed to run through my colour laser printer, they'd do the job for you.

Thank you all for the very kind words.
All of you are so kind.

I'm hoping this gesture will allow Jimi to concentrate on his illness and induce positiveness for his battle.
We all know that sometimes we can agree to disagree, be it in a calm and peaceful manner or by letting our emotions take over.
I have been responsible for the later with Jimi.
But when it comes down to it, we are truly more alike than different.
So, this is hoping the Flag being flown in the F-22 mounted in the presentation case for Jimi will help him soar above the "noise" and focus on his very important battle ahead of him.

I would do it for all of you, as I am so very confident that you all would do something for anyone of us.

PS: Flag has been flown, folded and installed in the case.
Signed with a neat presentation certificate by my very dear Bud "Laz" who took that F-22 up and after the mission:
"wrang her out a bit"for Jimi!
Just awaiting the small engraved plaque for the case.
super-bee_ski

Auto Transport Service
Back