• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Super stock springs

MD Mopar

Local time
9:56 PM
Reaction score
Do I need to change the front hangers when I install super stock springs on my 1965 plymouth belvedere II. Some say yes, and some people say no. And what size hanger ? 2inch or 1 inch longer?

yes you need to change hangers, front segment of the super stock spring is 2 inches shorter. mopar part # is P4120080 for hanger I cant remember how much they were.

i think you'll need a 1" longer hanger for a plymouth. plymouth and dodge hangers are not the same. the dodge is 1" longer than the plymouth. your stock springs have a 21" front segment vs the 22" of the later b-body. s/s springs have a 20" front segment.

I know there is a difference between dodge and plymouth. Where could I find a hanger that is one inch longer than stock?

I believe everyone here is right. I did not have to change anything on my 63 as the 3400 lb SS springs I used bolted right up and thats just what Mancini had told me. I am pretty sure the 65 are different then my 63 and need the front hanger changed. As was said I would call Mancini as they knew just what my 63 needed. I know that Wes who works there knows his Mopars. I believe I have also talked to Rich there who was also a big help to me. Ron

I know there is a difference between dodge and plymouth. Where could I find a hanger that is one inch longer than stock?
1965 dodge coronet is 1" longer, if you can find a decent set. ARE products, sold by mancini, make a hanger to fit.

measure center pin on the stock pin to center of bushing . the new super stock spring is 21 from center to center . it will bolt right in if its 21 . i believe all 62-65 b bodies are the same as the later a bodys
this spring was designed when it came out for the early cars 62-65.

I believe everyone here is right. I did not have to change anything on my 63 as the 3400 lb SS springs I used bolted right up and thats just what Mancini had told me. I am pretty sure the 65 are different then my 63 and need the front hanger changed. As was said I would call Mancini as they knew just what my 63 needed. I know that Wes who works there knows his Mopars. I believe I have also talked to Rich there who was also a big help to me. Ron
Wes has been at Mancini for a long time and does know Mopars very well but sometimes sounds grumpy (cranky?) on the phone but that's just his demeanor. Not sure if Mancini gives members a discount here but they did at another site but you had to ask for it.

I installed the Mopar 3400# springs(Mancini)on my 65 Belvedere and re-used the stock front hanger.No problems,works for the last 8 years.

a friend of mine put them on his 65 plymouth and he used the stock hangers fit perfect

Last time I bought from Mancini they gave me a discount from being a Moparts member. And I did not even know or ask as when I gave the guy (Rick) my e-mail he said ...........your 383man with the red 63 and I said yes. And he said well you get a Moparts discount !
Its good to hear some of you said the springs bolted right in your 65's as I was always told they would not fit right in the 65's even though they fit right in my 63. Ron

this off Mancini web site.. you do have to change hangers, if you don't change hangers your drive shaft will not fit

Product Description
Fits: 1964-65 Dodge B Body with Super Stock springs.

0.250 material. Hanger is one-inch longer than stock so the shorter SS springs will fit properly. 1964-1965 B-body cars use a leaf spring with a 21 inch front segment. The Super Stock springs have a 20 inch front segment so the spring hanger needs to be one-inch longer. These hangers are the correct length and they have a second eye-bolt hole so the ride height can be lowered by about one inch
Item# MREAR0079
$76.95 mancini-racing-spring-hanger-set-32.jpg

I had to use the new hangers on my '64, but I had to drill a hole 3/4" forward of the holes provided to make them work - due to the drive shaft length. It still worked, but there was a nasty vibration that made me realize I had lost the play in the shaft because it was stretched to it's limit. That extra 3/4" made all the difference.

7-13-10 (9).jpg

Last edited:
this off Mancini web site.. you do have to change hangers, if you don't change hangers your drive shaft will not fit

Product Description
Fits: 1964-65 Dodge B Body with Super Stock springs.

0.250 material. Hanger is one-inch longer than stock so the shorter SS springs will fit properly. 1964-1965 B-body cars use a leaf spring with a 21 inch front segment. The Super Stock springs have a 20 inch front segment so the spring hanger needs to be one-inch longer. These hangers are the correct length and they have a second eye-bolt hole so the ride height can be lowered by about one inch
Item# MREAR0079
$76.95View attachment 216202
dodge and plymouth are different. a dodge hanger would be 1" longer than a plymouth.

dodge and plymouth are different. a dodge hanger would be 1" longer than a plymouth.

Yea the Dodges always have the longer wheelbase. Good info here. Ron

I believe the 65 plymouth has a shorter original spring than the 65 dodge, so these hangers are too long.

I believe the 65 plymouth has a shorter original spring than the 65 dodge, so these hangers are too long.
nope. springs are the same, hangers different. i went thru this when building my 65 coronet. tried a plymouth hanger for my 65 coronet, long story but it was different. pretty sure the hanger is the 1" difference in wheelbase between the two. 62-63 b-bodies have 20" front segments and 64-65 b-bodies have 21" front segments.

OK. But I believe the hangers you are recommending are for a dodge and not a plymouth. I see that mancini is offer hangers for a 65 Plymouth on their web site.

Auto Transport Service
Back