• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suspension Kit

Gospel Runner

Local time
12:43 PM
Reaction score
Anyone replace their old suspension bushings, ball joints and tie rod ends? What brand kit did you use? Are the original rubber bushings better than the new style neoprene bushings? It is time for an upgrade, I just need a little direction. Thank you!

Got mine from PST, haven't started putting it together yet, polygraphite kit.

Does it look like a high quality kit? How much was it? Ball park if you don't mind me asking?

I hope I did not offend anyone with my questions. That was not my intent.

I used all Pst upfront, upgraded to the bigger solid sleeve tie rod adjuster all their parts are good quality no squeaks at all the ride is good. I made the mistake of not getting the adjustable strut rods. That will be resolved next year along with double adjustable uca.

I've done the pst kits on a couple of my old cars. The polygraphite kit gives a better handling feel, less give than the rubber. But I've done the rubber as well and had no complaints. I'm going with them again on my Super Bee and probably gonna stick with rubber since it less expensive and will be fine for a factory resto. The prices vary by what size kit you get so look them over and see what all you need. They range from a few pieces to the whole thing. All they're stuff is great quality and they're pretty much a one stop shop.

Does it look like a high quality kit? How much was it? Ball park if you don't mind me asking?
You didn't offend me... It was a little over $400 and it looks like a very nice product! I got the super kit, they have 3 levels and 2 choices of material.
I bought the QA1 adjustable strut rods and LCAs so those pieces will be up for sale.
https://p-s-t.com/i-23160272-polygraphite-performance-super-front-end-kit.html#!year=1967||make=DODGE||model=CORONET

M142750707.jpg

I am going to take some measurements tomorrow and give PST a call. Thank you for your input.

Make sure to let them know you are a FBBO member in order to get your discount!

What is the purpose of the adjustable strut rod? I pretty much have a drag car. I need the front sway bar and all the bushings, upper and lower ball joints. I don't know if I can afford all of the things I need at one time. Those tubular upper and lower A-arms look nice. You have convinced me to go with the polygraphite. Torsion bars first or sway bars?

I don’t think a front sway bar is necessary on a drag car, could be wrong but Just MO. I have a comp engineering antinroll bar in the rear that’s it.

They help keep the lca aligned more acurately basically.
I agree with 1967C sway bars are for handling, not as important in drag racing...
If that's all I was doing I would focus on getting the rear to hook and the front being safe... but I haven't dragged in a very long time...
There are some drag guys that do it all the time, or have a lot more expirence...maybe they will chime in... Bobtile, Hemitis, DVW, Cranky, just to name a few.

Anyone here using Caltracs? How affective are they? Are they worth the price tag?

My kit just arrived. I did not have time to open it yet. I will begin to install it Thursday. I will let you know how it goes. Thank you!

can i get just the plate for the upper coil over shock mount to get rid of the TB without needing the K frame kit? and where can i get it .... not looking to make a super rod out of her ... just a driver

I got the super suspension kit and up graded a few items. The sway bar links look like they are way too long. The originals are 4" and the new ones are 6" long. My kit is the polyurethane bushings. I broke a breaker bar trying to get the upper ball joints out. I wound up heating the A-arm with a torch to get them out. Will that heat compromise the integrity of the A-arm? I have everything wire brushed and painted. I will begin the reassembly Tuesday.

Auto Transport Service
Back