• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tall max wedge hood scoop

This one picture I have with the 9x2 inch air cleaners

FCB676A1-ACA1-4C5A-918F-FD228C30E490.jpeg

All of these cars with the taller scoops look awesome. I made shaker hood opening larger and taller also but it's on an E-Body. I know, sorry.

The big wedge scoop looks great IMHO. I think the performance is not much related to the scoop size, but the entry into the carb airhorn (air cleaner size & shape).

I wish more like the 10.00 index I can spray my way into the 8.50 index but I will leave that to my Dart I just want to have fun and enjoy low maintenance racing

that 10.0 class might just be harder than the 8.50! Will this be sreetable? Looks bad ***........:fool::popcorn2:

Yes it’s streetable. I agree with you the 10.00 index is definitely very competitive but more realistic for my combo on the Savoy and imo more enjoyable and affordable

Thanks for the compliment looking forward for a mopar get together I have others waiting as well about 5 early b bodies

I like you new scoop. Nice looking car. My Dad was the guy who was the designer of the front end of the 63 Plymouth.
Doug

I like you new scoop. Nice looking car. My Dad was the guy who was the designer of the front end of the 63 Plymouth.
Doug
Wow that’s cool imo it’s one of the prettiest designs
Doug
of the early B Bodies

These drawing are FN COOL! As you look though can see a pic that look like the 63,yet it was drawn in 1960..........

Who Knew? That's incredible, Doug. He definitely designed a winner. My all time favorite...

As far as hood scoops (of the early B variety ) the book "WE were the Ramchargers" Tom Hoover states that there was no difference in ET performance with or without,but it did help with cooling.Now that was 56 years ago. I do know that my 65 runs somewhat cooler with the hood scoop on the streets.

Read an article about Pro Stocks and Tom Hoover said about hood scoops. " You don't need an opening in the scoop over 30 square inches. Like the tall scoops look though.

Last edited:
The Mr 5&50 Hemi 65 Belvedere replaced his stock Hemi scoop with one of my AFX scoops and knocked off 2 tenths from the 1/4 mile et ----same jetting
The Shadowwoods max wedge 64 Belvedere replaced his stock size max wedge scoop with one of my AFX scoops and knocked off 15 hundredths from his 1/4 mile et.
I deal in scoops almost everyday . I am Larry @ Sled City Fiberglass

All of these cars with the taller scoops look awesome. I made shaker hood opening larger and taller also but it's on an E-Body. I know, sorry.
Not a Max Wedge but we were able to get the bottom side of my Super Shaker hood, taller scoop and base painted today. Top side of the hood next weekend.

20180501_190142.jpg 20180627_222824.jpg 20200207_183435.jpg 20200207_184548.jpg 20200418_163501.jpg 20200418_223512.jpg 20200418_224459.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back