• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tall max wedge hood scoop

Got it mounted up on the car today.

View attachment 939649
Sometimes when certain things are unavailable or thought to be nonessential, you have to take matters into your own hands and built it so they will come.
Here's my AFX Hemi scoop out of aluminum that I fabricated back in the late 1990's.
Great that Sled has filled a void for those that have been annoyed.
Photo credit: Hemi-itis.

0-4.jpeg

Last edited:
Sometimes when certain things are unavailable or thought to be nonessential, you have to take matters into your own hands and built it so they will come.
Here's my AFX Hemi scoop out of aluminum that I fabricated back in the late 1990's.
Great that Sled has filled a void for those that have been annoyed.

View attachment 939699

Looks great.

How are you doing lee I hope to see you soon this year
Dartari.

I am well thank you. Just holding it down with family in this Sci-fi film we're all casted in, but never auditioned for.
Car is waiting in the wings for me to twist some wrenches and try to catch up on lots of do-dags and such.
Your ride looks stunning.
Yeah, I believe the original factory scoops though helpful in some way, were themselves way below the air jest stream as the car galloped down the track, so a lot of air was unexplored, but not all. The taller AFX designs, though bulky windsails in the air stream and aerodynamically sticky, allow for more air to play with in the tuning phase and thus managed in a variety of ways including bleed off flaps/holes.
I've got an idea with my tall scoop where I'd like to try a mechanical type of compressed air damming that acts like a turbo. Sick I know, but that's Hot Rodding.

Dartari.

I am well thank you. Just holding it down with family in this Sci-fi film we're all casted in, but never auditioned for.
Car is waiting in the wings for me to twist some wrenches and try to catch up on lots of do-dags and such.
Your ride looks stunning.
Yeah, I believe the original factory scoops though helpful in some way, were themselves way below the air jest stream as the car galloped down the track, so a lot of air was unexplored, but not all. The taller AFX designs, though bulky windsails in the air stream and aerodynamically sticky, allow for more air to play with in the tuning phase and thus managed in a variety of ways including bleed off flaps/holes.
I've got an idea with my tall scoop where I'd like to try a mechanical type of compressed air damming that acts like a turbo. Sick I know, but that's Hot Rodding.
Love that Super Shaker. Love the progress pictures as well. They tell the story and show the madness in our collective minds. It's almost like these types of scoops are the grown up siblings of the smaller factory designs.

Don't know if we will see much of him!! When he gets back it's HEINZ......time!,,,,,,,,,,ketchup:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back