• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Elephant In The Room: unloading the load from a B-body.

My Savoy has no back-up lights, no washers and just single speed wipers. No radio or rear seat belts either.

View attachment 1582254

Back up lights and some Fury trim to boot over here, but weight is in a good place.
IMG_4279.png

The fellow that I bought my Plymouth from told me that he bought a 64 Belvedere brand new in 1964. He said the cost difference between a Savoy and the Belvedere package was $330.00 more.

Back up lights and some Fury trim to boot over here, but weight is in a good place.
View attachment 1582274

The fellow that I bought my Plymouth from told me that he bought a 64 Belvedere brand new in 1964. He said the cost difference between a Savoy and the Belvedere package was $330.00 more.
Is that trunk key aluminum. If not it should be. LOL.

Is that trunk key aluminum. If not it should be. LOL.
Haha I will be checking on that key..
And the weight hunt continues. It’s addictive. Today a guy spent hours on a different alternator bracket. Gone with the steel one. The savings, 6 ounces. A measly 6 ounces…. Addictive all right.
IMG_4281.jpeg

And the weight hunt continues. It’s addictive. Today a guy spent hours on a different alternator bracket. Gone with the steel one. The savings, 6 ounces. A measly 6 ounces…. Addictive all right.
View attachment 1582290
Every ounce counts. You're now 1,594 ounces away from removing 100 Lbs. I can see some aluminum fender bolts asking to be put into service. Aluminum fender shims?

Every ounce counts. You're now 1,594 ounces away from removing 100 Lbs. I can see some aluminum fender bolts asking to be put into service. Aluminum fender shims?
Ummm, steel fender bolts still, but, the extra threads are no more. Thanks on the steel shims tip. Tomorrow’s job.

View attachment 1582290
Pics of the k frame? Those lips are worth alot poundage
20230830_213253.jpg

The race 5 speed is going back in to replace the iron street Hemi 4 speed. Almost 30 pounds lighter.

20191227_191940.jpg

It started out as a Richmond street 5 speed and I had the gears Face-plated and cryo treated by Liberty's

my richmond.JPG

Well another day and 3 more lbs came off the old Plymouth. That’s about it, there’s no more getting to be got. That is unless I want to start pulling out window regs, seats and glass. That’s not part of the plan though. My car is legal to go 10.00, that is all I want out of it. It’s been at that point for a few years now. I’ve removed 75 lbs of weight this off season now and with a fresh motor next season I’m sure the 9’s will become an issue even with the full interior. With the new addition of the electric shift however, I’ll preset the shift RPM during elimination so that I stay on the safe side of 10.00.

The interior is going back together. And a look behind door #2
View attachment 1580064

FMJ touched on the Plymouth looking like a lightweight on the outside and that’s true with the Super Stock looking grill. As well there will be the 3” Hemi scoop new to the look in ‘24. But certainly not the inside though. It’s all about what I like.

The same holds true for the Dart and it would have been easy to make it a clone L023. But it’s a one man operation here and what I like is what you see. LOL.
Besides, I doubt that Houdini couldn’t get that rear seat back out of there.
View attachment 1580065
hey nice looking shifter and stand,,

IMG_1425.JPG

Someday I will return to burn with a stirring handle.
I saw a car today being prepared that is reputably a 2100 Lb A-body grudge car. I've got to investigate it further because I was perplexed to say the least.
Not meaning to steer away from this immense subject, but grudge matches are very much alive in these parts. Take away race tracks and guess what happens............

Here’s a good read from the library written by one of the heads of state over at the Woodward garage, Bob Tarozzi. It has a good look into the first lightweight Hemi A-body mule car in ‘68.

IMG_4837.jpeg

Last edited:
Here's another one to swim through. It isn't as technical or 100% factual as other books and booklets on the subject, but it nevertheless is entertaining. All brands indulging in the dietary practices are represented.

0-7.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back