• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Hellcat era officially ends!

chargervert

Local time
4:40 PM
Reaction score
Tim Kuniskis is retiring after 32 years. Thus officially ending the Hellcat era! Enjoy your retirement Tim! Thanks for the 8 second memories!

Retiring like a once great athlete that embarrassed himself in his final year.
That stupid CGI ad he did to promote the electric Dodge Charger will be part of his legacy. Bad acting, stupid premise and a shameful chapter in a long line of great cars built by a company that lost it's balls and obeyed the government.

Last edited:
Like most employees they do what the bosses tell them to do! He dropped the Demon 170 on us,and should have made his exit right there. Not unlike Tom Brady who played that one more season than he should have. When you see a 4500 pound car,wheels up running 8.91,and you can go get one for yourself right off the showroom floor, credit needs to be given where credit is due!

Last edited:
A corporate mouthpiece. A "spinner" snake oil salesman.
I never liked the guy, in case that isn't apparent - the phony just oozed out of him.
Even on his appearances on stuff like Jay Leno's garage, you could tell he was just
regurgitating factoids he'd been given to memorize, spun the way he was instructed to do.

In the end, he was given something to spin and sell to the Mopar faithful that was simply
impossible to do - trying to con people into believing the next gen electric crap was somehow
still congruent to all that made the Mopar world what it was.
That was not going to happen - and public excitement over the new electric crap has not met
any of their expectations, so now we have the beginnings of the sacrificings - starting with this guy.

The king of the pitch men ran simply out of BS that worked. House of cards has fallen.

Chrysler puked itself and rolled over when they quit on the Viper. The rest was just death throws and twitching. Time to get a shovel nowdays.

Chrysler puked itself and rolled over when they quit on the Viper. The rest was just death throws and twitching. Time to get a shovel nowdays.
It wasn't over until last December,the fastest cars Mopar ever built came out last year.

I am seriously considering selling off a half dozen or so project cars and adding a redeye or superstock widebody to my stable.

I am seriously considering selling off a half dozen or so project cars and adding a redeye or superstock widebody to my stable.
Might as well - we'll never see the likes of anything like them again in this lifetime.

I am accepting the fact that I am running out of time to finish them all. There is more to do than I will ever get to. Might be better to let some go and get something insanely fast I can drive now.

I am accepting the fact that I am running out of time to finish them all. There is more to do than I will ever get to. Might be better to let some go and get something insanely fast I can drive now.
Do you like that gloss primer color they offer?
Screenshot_20240518-050546~2.png

https://www.vadenchryslerdodgejeepramsavannah.com/searchnew.aspx

There's definitely an appeal to having that level of I.C.E. power in a comfortable, reliable package...
No telling when the feds will outlaw such things, either.

It wasn't over until last December,the fastest cars Mopar ever built came out last year.
As a company, Chrysler had already decided on today's actions back in 2016.
The 5.7 Hemi was slated to be done in 2018, but they decided to keep it going until 2024(back then) which had people that were watching happy, but also wondering what the underlying reasons for this decision were.
Then they killed the Viper.
Then they never updated the platform for the charger/challenger like they had said they would.

Do you see where I am going with this? They may have built these cars until just now, but they had quit on them 7 years ago. They thought themselves clever making an "exit strategy" to transition to a thing no one wants.
I was paying attention back then. I bought my AWD 5.7 Charger in 2013. In 2015 they offered a Scat Pack without the price tag of an SRT8 at a price in between. They advertised it in 2014, I had dreams of trading in on an AWD Scat Pack car, but then they announced the end of AWD+V8 instead. Then they announced the end of 5.7 Hemi, and promised a new platform.
Then the above all happened where they backtracked and killed the Viper etc.
When they announced the end of the Hemi in the last couple years, everyone acted shocked even though they had done the same thing only a few years prior.
That's when I quit paying attention and have written off the company as a soon to be absorbed entity(most likely) It's why I am dismissive about them now. The nameplates are on the way out, like AMC as a whole or GM's or Ford's divisions. Some people will be very sad at what was lost and many won;t care.
I am past being sad, because it was lost when the Viper was killed and this exit strategy was formed. I have had my closure over the last several years already.
Long live the classics. That's what we will have left.

I doubt it. Brotherhood of Muscle was a success. Why did I open this thread.

They give you an 8 second muscle car and sell it to the general public and people are still going to bitch! There ain't no more, and it ain't going to get any better than that, sorry to disappoint you!

Auto Transport Service
Back