• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The McCandless Collection

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:45 PM
Reaction score
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just started watching, very cool so far...

I was in North Carolina last spring for a race. Unfortunately it got rained out. It was Easter weekend and we had nothing to do.
I sent Mike McCandless a message on fb Saturday night to see if I could see the collection on Monday morning before we left to go home.
He answered me on Easter morning and said they would be busy preparing for an auction.
But he said we could come in and look around if we wanted.
They weren't open yet.
He was every bit as nice a person as his father.
I have hundreds of pictures.
It was awesome!

Screenshot_20240407_075425_Gallery.jpg

Very nice, thanks for sharing!!

I see a hairline scratch on the blue car.

:lol:

I'd like to get there for a visit some day. I've seen some of his cars at MCACN over the years including the Hurst Dart. Mike bought the Cuda he drove for S&M at auction a few years ago. It went for over $300k, as I remember.

This series is well worth watching.

A few weeks ago we (Tidewater Mopar Club) got a chance to visit the McCandless museum, not only did we get full run of the place for a few hours, Herb himself was the tour guide! It was truly an experience to say the least. He answered every question, shook every hand, took every picture with grace and enthusiasm, his stories are as detailed as the day they happened absolutely incredible! If that wasn’t enough he went to lunch with us on our way out of town……what a day
image000000.jpeg
image000001.jpeg

P.S. sense we were so close, we stopped by another pretty famous Mopar guy named Richard Petty’s museum, meet some really kool people there and enjoyed their hospitality.
IMG_2580.jpeg
IMG_2587.jpeg

Agree, their efforts on both YT and Facebook have been quite enjoyable for a while now.
The Fury that Herb has gone through for his friend Buddy Martin is a darn nice piece, too.

Sweet! I’ll put that on my radar!

Auto Transport Service
Back