• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Roach

Looks like you have a very capable metal fab man.

Making progress RC! The mice are responsible for what happened to the hood!

The roof skin came in yesterday ....

thumbnail (3).jpg

thumbnail (4).jpg

Delivery refused. Summit is sending out another. :rolleyes:

That sucks, Was the wait long on that one ? I’m sure your not just waiting on that to keep things moving?

That sucks, Was the wait long on that one ? I’m sure your not just waiting on that to keep things moving?

12 days of shipping. Who knows how many times it was offloaded and loaded. The box had forklift blade punctures in it.

That is terrible. What a disappointment, man.

01 face 45.JPG

I wouldn't want to be who ever got the call at:elmer: AMD. I've heard RC can be excitable at times!:lol:

Not yet. I got it from Summit with a 10% discount coupon. If this next one comes in damaged, I’ll get my money back and go elsewhere.
I've been pretty fortunate in getting large items but haven't done it in years. My last large purchase was a glass hood and it came in fine but the product was pretty much a pile of crap but still usable.

Some progress this week. He cut out this section of the firewall where all the factory a/c holes were and welded in a plate that was supplied with the Vintage air kit.

IMG_0917.jpeg

IMG_0919.jpeg

IMG_0920.jpeg

Cut the dash speaker holes over the weekend and sprayed the dash frame and upper windshield molding with some vintage lacquer Organisol this morning.

IMG_7459.jpeg

IMG_7458.jpeg

Last edited:
As bad as that roof looks, it still looks a lot better than one of the rear fenders I ordered for my’58. Summit customer service was great and sent a replacement right away.

The problem is the shipper not the vendor, crackheads on the loading docks don’t give a ****…

Auto Transport Service
Back