• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The world's oldest man won't be down for breakfast

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:50 AM
Reaction score
Dead at 113.........

1502538881401.jpg

Israel Kristal, the world's oldest man and Holocaust survivor, has reportedly died a month shy of his 114th birthday. (AP)

JERUSALEM – Israeli media are reporting that the world's oldest man, who lived through both world wars and survived the Holocaust, has died a month short of his 114th birthday.

Ynet on Saturday quoted Israel Kristal's daughter as saying her father died Friday. Shula Kupershtuch says: "He always saw only light and good in everything."

Guinness World Records awarded Kristal a certificate as the world's oldest man last year.

Kristal was born in Poland. During World War II he was sent to Auschwitz and other Nazi concentration camps. His first wife and two children were killed in the Holocaust.

Kristal survived the war — the only survivor of his large Jewish family.

He remarried and moved to Israel in 1950, where he built a family and a confectionary business.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/08/12/media-worlds-oldest-man-holocaust-survivor-dies-at-113.html

Ironic that his long life enabled him to see the worst mankind had to offer,to the present day. R.I.P.

Wow what a life. He lived through an entire century from the transition from horses and buggies to the modern age. That's incredible that one man saw the world change that much

R.I.P. Mr. Israel , what you have endeared in your life and what you have seen thru those eyes only you can know the hardships

There are fewer than 100,000 Holocaust survivors remaining, the youngest are about 71 years old. Auschwitz was originally established as a work camp and was converted to an extermination camp for Hitler's "Final Solution". Its sister camp Birkenau was built adjacent to Auschwitz in the early '40s as a work camp but crematoria were later installed to kill its' occupants. At the height of operations, Auschwitz-Birkenau gassed over 6,000 Jews, Roma, Poles and other undesirables a day, ultimately accounting for over one million of the over 6 million murdered by the Nazis in the Holocaust. Sadly, the US and Great Britain knew early on about the camps but, for a variety of reasons, did nothing to stop their operation.

Out of it all and with the end of WWII came the establishment of the nation of Israel where the Jews were restored to their ancient homeland and where millions have returned, and continue to do so, thus fulfilling Biblical prophesy. Today Israel sits, an "island" of freedom, surrounded by Arabs and Persians who openly advocate its destruction. The Russians and Chinese covertly and overtly work against the nation. European nations, while publicly saying they stand by Israel, have largely abandoned it. Iran, aided by the last US administration, is well on the way to developing a nuclear capability that it will use on Israel. Before, or when that happens, I believe that the Revelation of the Bible will occur.

These were my thoughts as I read about the passing of Israel Kristal.

R.I.P.

a month short of his 114th B-Day
he made a great run

RIP Israel

Auto Transport Service
Back