• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

These caught my eye yesterday…

PlymCrazy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:38 PM
Reaction score
On our way home yesterday, these caught our eye for sale on the side of the road. The ‘66 had a price on it, the ‘55 did not. Couldn’t help but get out and pop hoods and open doors. No one met me with a shotgun so I figured it was ok like the good ole days.
I did take a pic of the phone number if anyone cares to know. PM me if that's something you're interested in.

IMG_3461.jpeg

IMG_3458.jpeg

IMG_3459.jpeg

IMG_3460.jpeg

IMG_3462.jpeg

IMG_3463.jpeg

IMG_3464.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm partial to the 55.

A friend's older brother had the 4 door version with 331 Hemi and clutch-flite trans.

Fuel fill hidden under tail light.

I'm partial to the 55.

A friend's older brother had the 4 door version with 331 Hemi and clutch-flite trans.

Fuel fill hidden under tail light.

There's a '56. I didn't know that about the hidden fuel fill on the old Imperials.

1694441465012.png

We had a '56 210 growing up that the fuel fill was hidden behind the driver's tail light.

1694441703172.png

I really like that 66, you guys should take up a collection
Love the unique tail lights on that '66.
Only reason I could pick it out as a '66 or '67 from the road is the vertical set dual headlights, very similar to the Fairlanes and GTO's I remember from those years.

The 66 is nice as it reminds me of Dad's new 65, but wow I love that Imperial!

As cool as those cars are,you have to buy them cheap as they are both tough cars to sell when you decide that you want out of them.

Mom had a 59 bonnevile.
Fuel door was behind the "ac".
More camouflaged with the bumper present.

1694444770432.png

Am I understanding correctly, the only two engine options on that Imperial were both Hemi's?

I know you left out a word in the title but I really liked the phrase. It could be a song or movie title.

I know you left out a word in the title but I really liked the phrase. It could be a song or movie title.
Fixed it, thanks Steve! And it's ok...no copyright. Feel free to use "Caught my yesterday" on your next novel. :lol:

i tried posting the 66 last week but the link failed and my thread got deleted.. looks like a smoking deal to me…

The 66 looks to be a good/decent deal
not crazy about that interior, but it's a bb 383 car
I liked them stacked headlights on them, sharp body lines
had a friend in Fairfileld Ca that had a 383 4 speed 66,
triple black, bucket seats & console, it was a cool car

The 66 looks to be a good/decent deal
not crazy about that interior, but it's a bb 383 car
I liked them stacked headlights on them, sharp body lines
had a friend in Fairfileld Ca that had a 383 4 speed 66,
triple black, bucket seats & console, it was a cool car
I like the body lines on that car. Passenger door had a bit of an outward gap in it as you can see. But the doors are still hung pretty snug. They close perfectly. Didn't look underneath. I'd venture that if I was more interested.

Auto Transport Service
Back