• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is how we have fun on a Saturday afternoon in New Zealand....

kiwigtx

Henchman #4 and Jack-Stand Racer #2
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:25 PM
Reaction score
A group of us went out to visit an old friend - Lloyd. He has an amazing collection of tractors and trucks - mostly International Harvester. But he also has a home-built cannon. This was a real good time....... (BTW, Lloyd is around 86 yo)

more video to come... :lol:

A group of us went out to visit an old friend - Lloyd. He has an amazing collection of tractors and trucks - mostly International Harvester. But he also has a home-built cannon. This was a real good time....... (BTW, Lloyd is around 86 yo)

Haha, nice one, lucky that only the fuse went up at the end. When I used to shoot with the black powder club we used to have cannon shoots, it was mighty impressive when you hit a 18" steel disc at 100mtrs with an 1.5" round lead ball. It folded up real nice haha.

Haha, nice one, lucky that only the fuse went up at the end. When I used to shoot with the black powder club we used to have cannon shoots, it was mighty impressive when you hit a 18" steel disc at 100mtrs with an 1.5" round lead ball. It folded up real nice haha.
Cool. This was an absolute hoot today...let me know when you're up this way and I'll try to arrange a visit. Just a few km's from Cliff's house. :thumbsup:

And here, I thought all they did was chase kangaroos and hug koalas down there. :D

I've always wanted to fire a black powder canon.

I did get to fire a blank in a Vietnam era Howitzer once, and I have a civil war 1.5" canon ball I found in SW Ohio when I was a kid.

Thanks for sharing.....So nice to see tractor history and still working....

Hope the cattle is his....and the ending was pretty funny lol.

Hope the cattle is his....and the ending was pretty funny lol.
Sadly it meant that we couldn't fire any more balls. cattle belonged to the neighbour....you can see one of them get a bit of a skip along when the cannon goes off. :lol:
Lloyd built that entire cannon and cart himself....wooden spoke wheels, hubs, barrel was made of sections of water pipe. Obviously not designed to fire steel ball....but lots of fun all the same.
He is one very resourceful and clever guy. :thumbsup:

Note to self: Close ammo can lid before striking match.

I have a length of hollow steel that's perfect for a golf ball cannon.....but with the way my newer neighbors are they will probably call the cops.

Looks like fun kiwi, could tell by all the giggling,
love the end result too... Pffff

tractors are cool too...

thanks for sharing

Lovely collection of Old Tractors.
Lloyd would fit right in up here. Most of those tractors appeared to be in their original condition. They just don't male things like they use to.

Lovely collection of Old Tractors.
Lloyd would fit right in up here. Most of those tractors appeared to be in their original condition. They just don't male things like they use to.
Thanks, and you're right....they are mostly original...except the one or two engine 'upgrades' ....he has an old tractor that looks like crap that he uses for tractor pulls....makes all the other wealthy farmers and wannabe racers look like fools when he goes out and cleans up. :D
Pictures coming soon.....just need to resize a few.:thumbsup:

What is that? A 3#? Not bad, also a fairly good advertisement for not drinking&shooting. Must do it fairly often, cattle didn’t even seem fazed!

What is that? A 3#? Not bad, also a fairly good advertisement for not drinking&shooting. Must do it fairly often, cattle didn’t even seem fazed!
It's OK...Lloyd was not drinking....and I believe the firing of the cannon is reasonably regular. :lol: The wooden balls don't weigh much...but they fly well past that big tree in the distance.

Auto Transport Service
Back