• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is how you know society thinks you're old.

SteveSS

Local time
3:42 PM
Reaction score
I'm 66 and I notice when news stories read something like this. "Gang Member Beats Elderly Man In Front Of His Home." Then you read the story and the guy is 60 years old.

Five years before I retired, I was scaling my truck out, and the weigh master, who was born in 1969, asked me if I knew what happened to the "elderly man" who used to drive a company truck into the plant. She commented that she used to feel terrible for him, because he was still working that hard at his age. I lost my breath laughing, because Dennis was four years younger than me.

Last edited:
I'm 66 and I notice when news stories read something like this. "Gang Member Beats Elderly Man In Front Of His Home." Then you read the story and the guy is 60 years old.
That's why God invented guns tasers and batons.p

Five years before I retired, I was scaling my truck out, and the weigh master, who was born in 1969, asked me if I knew what happened to the "elderly man" who used drive a company truck into the plant. She commented that she used to feel terrible for him, that he was still working that hard at his age. I lost my breath laughing, because Dennis was four years younger than me.
Life sucks and then you die.

I'd rather see a headline that reads....."60 yr old elderly man whips out his belt at a bus stop and "disciplines" a bunch of gang members for trying to steal his lunch money"

:rofl:

I'd rather see a headline that reads....."60 yr old elderly man whips out his belt at a bus stop and "disciplines" a bunch of gang members for trying to steal his lunch money"

I've seen some videos where just that happened. Mostly it was old Xboxes but old none the like.They are hilarious just to see the looks on everyone's face and to hear them cheer.

Yea, It's been worse and worse ever since the first person to call me "Sir".

It's when you get the "seniors discount" at the store and nobody asked your age.

It's when you get the "seniors discount" at the store and nobody asked your age.
I had a new Chinese woman at our local supermarket ask if I had a Gold Card while checking out my groceries....(NZ Senior Citizen discount card) .....I looked back at here shocked, and the other lady started laughing.....I said to her "How old do you think I am?"

She couldn't apologise fast enough. Everyone got a chuckle.

I'm thinking of applying....Seniors get a discount on Thursdays. :lol:

You know you're old when most everyone around you is younger. Seems quite common for me nowadays.

That would be me. Seriously. For my age I'm in good shape, and I'd have no problem in resurrecting my Brooklyn to mete out a good beating to one of these creeps.

I’m 74 and I’m always commenting about the ‘OLD’ people around me. Then I realize they’re younger by a lot, but people say I look 60 at the most, not sure if that’s good or not. I remember sitting in school reading about Haley’s comet coming in 1985, thinking my god I’ll be 35 then, that seemed so far away!

I'm 63, the guy I work with is 64 and we deliver furniture. A customer was watching us and he said " wait till your my age, it's hard to get out of bed, lift anything heavy let alone carry it". We asked how old he was and his reply, 56 years.

All I can say is I’m a lucky man. Still going
Pop died when he was 56, I’m 56 now hopefully see 66. Getting old. Not there yet. Others would think otherwise. lol

A positive mental outlook is good for longevity.

I didn’t die today.
1694146500613.png

:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back